Tow/Haul button

Super08Duty

Reaction score
When i tow with it on my work truck i never use it while accelerating. I dont like the way it draws out shifts and holds rpms for so long. when coming to a stop i love it.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
i've taken the cover off and looked. wire is all good and stuff. as far as i can see. i'll take another look at it tomorrow. i was thinking that when the truck is keyed on before start it, the tow haul light should test itself and then go off. well the o/d off light in the ranger doesnt do a test when i turn it on, i just went and checked. it's probably just the switch then. looks like ill order a new one.

quick question, do i have to get a whole shifter?

I'm not a hundred percent sure on the switch, I know all the switch does is connect the two wires. With alittle effort it will pop off. Check it with a mulitmeter when depressed and make sure it gets continuity. If so then unplug the harness with the two wires from on top of the column and check for continuity from the plug to the end of the shifter handle. All my wires looked fine until I pulled them from the handle.

Emery19

Reaction score
looks like i'll have to see if i can get the handle off. the last time i did it was before i had to go somewhere with the truck so i didnt want to take it all apart if i found the issue. and have some more patience and look around a bit more. thanks man.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
No, it doesn't bump up line pressure. Why would it do that?

Because of the amount of power being put through the transmission for a longer sustained amount of time while the TC is unlocked
That's no reason to increase line pressure. Line pressure is set based on engine torque. As long as the right pressure is set for the given torque, why would you want more pressure because the converter is unlocked? That doesn't make any sense.

Before continuing this discussion, keep in mind it was my job for three years to program this in the TCM controlling the TorqShift while I was a Ford automatic transmission engineer.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
That's no reason to increase line pressure. Line pressure is set based on engine torque. As long as the right pressure is set for the given torque, why would you want more pressure because the converter is unlocked? That doesn't make any sense.

Before continuing this discussion, keep in mind it was my job for three years to program this in the TCM controlling the TorqShift while I was a Ford automatic transmission engineer.

Want a cookie?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online