towing in 250 or 275 tunes

Ipkyss

Reaction score
na. at that point I had only really ran the truck on the 250 tune. I have been running the 310 a lot since with no issues, at least with the trans... It was something to do with the tune. only did it on the old 250 tune and has not with any tune since.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I bet it is bucking right after the TC locks and the RPMS drop.
I have 4.88's so right now my TC is locking at 35.
The only time I have felt the bucking, a little I should say is driving right after the TC locks, which is right at 35 MPH, this is with Eric's tow tune towing my fiver which is in the 18000 range.
This past weekend I towed with his street tune, which did great by the way, towing about 6-7000#, my truck is over 10,000# for a comparison.
No bucking at all.
I will not try and tow the fiver with the street tune because with that little weight I towed the last weekend I did see 1100 going over some little hills with the cruise set, I dont like anything over 1250 while towing and the fiver will get the truck to 1250 on just the tow tune.
I think it has a lot to do with when the TC locks and the MPH you are trying to hold, which if you have 3.73 or 3.55's then I can see it occurring even more because you are locking much later than I am.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
4.30's on 37's and yes it did buck when tc locked up. But it didn't matter if I was on it hard or easy. Bucked like a jack ass, until it was in the street tune. Towed the same weight as you and no issues either.

Latest posts

Members online