Towing power

Short Bus

Reaction score
Without hooking my scanner up I have no way to moniter ect. It pulls my camper well and the AC is cold, I'm happy lol

Spindrift

Reaction score
Hmmm, i agree mine tows well also, but i do have a problem. While towing my 5xxx lb boat up to the lake, twice now. i go up some fairly aggressive climbs, each time i have towed my coolant temp has been about 222F which is high to me, is this normal? My mini max begins to defuel at 221. then i am going up the canyon about 50 MPH rather than the 65 MPH i would like to be doing.
Do any of you notice your trucks getting hot fairly quickly. I never had this issue with my 6.4

And 5K is nothing...

CDUBYA

Reaction score
No, i know! i agree, 5K is nothing, truck only has 3,000 miles on it. tuned and deleted, with S&B intake and still runs hot for some reason. I was just curious if anyone else see's high temps quick on hills? I am fairly high in elevation, usually climbing from 4,500 to 6,000 or higher. I also have a 10' lift with 37's but my old 6.4 was running a 14' lift with 40's and never had a problem. Just odd to me.

I also hear a very odd loud high pitched whistle sound from time to time while under load climbing, anyone knwo what this is?

Other than these minor issues i love the truck!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The temps on the 6.7 seem to be higher than other trucks. Oil and coolant temps as well. With 15k behind me I had a hard time getting my egts over 1000 going though the rolling hills of ks on highway 70 though with the cruse set at 70 mph

Sent from my I fone 5

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.