Towing with a T-4 mount?

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Just picked up a 97 crew cab longed 4x4. It's going to be a tow rig/family vehicle. Was wondering how a t4 mounted s465 would spool with somewhere around a 160/100 size injector? Truck will be getting e fuel and a hpop along the line as well. Truck is currently an auto as well. Reason I'm asking is I have an opportunity to buy another truck with all those parts on it to swap onto mine. Looking for somewhere in that 400 to 450 horse range and be reliable.

Reaction score
I think the S465 would do great actually. That is what Bryan Rittenhouse ran on his OBS years ago with stage 1's I think and he said it worked great. I think he even had stock injectors at one point and said it wasn't too bad.

mattman347

Reaction score
I ran the S468FMW with my stage 2's and it did great, that was with the 1.10 housing also, if you did the .91 you would have no issues spooling it (i did not have any issues spooling it with the 1.10)

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I ran the S468FMW with my stage 2's and it did great, that was with the 1.10 housing also, if you did the .91 you would have no issues spooling it (i did not have any issues spooling it with the 1.10)

^^^^ is exactly what I would do. That FMW wheel is awesome.

You might have to tweak the shift points in the trans to draw the shifts out a bit more when loaded. If its a manual - you'll be extra OK.

mandkole

Reaction score
as long as it came up good, you would definitely have plenty of air with the t4. Not sure what you plan to tow, but for anything below 12K, it doesnt take a ton of hp anyway. It would be nice staying cooler.

ACFarmer

Reaction score
I tow all kind of weight, from 6000 to grossing well over 26,000. It would be nice to have decent power to keep up with the new trucks, while staying cool and not having to worry about it. Also figured it would let me expand in the future if I wanted too.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Im runnin the s465 with 250/100's and it spools GREAT, especially with my zf5. Not sure how it would do with smaller injectors but I'd imagine with good tuning and your automatic you'd be happy. Im running the .9 housing on mine and egt's and spool up is awesome towing or not.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.