Towing with the Extreme X

03international

Reaction score
anybody tried this yet? well I did it last night pulling a 28 foot gooseneck with a crew cb short bed on it. my highest boost was 27lbs, my highest egt was 1370 and the trans never went over 170. it pulled that trailer way better then any tow tune I have ever tried. only thing I didn't like was how it would slam gears and sometime at about 40mph it would buck a little bit.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I did it with out studs. We all know how that turned out. lol Forgot to change tunes and was accelerating like I was unloaded. Pop went the head gaskets.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've done it a couple times on my gogo race too, but still prefer the towing tune just to keep the timing down.

03international

Reaction score
I dont see the harm if the temps aren't all that high. i wish someone could make me a tune that pulls a trailer like this but was a little safer

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I towed my dads tractor last week with the tune and I couldn't believe how low the temps were! Betweet the trailer and tractor I would think the total weight was some where near 10k

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I did it with out studs. We all know how that turned out. lol Forgot to change tunes and was accelerating like I was unloaded. Pop went the head gaskets.

I towed 8k for over a year with tsd's race tune on a stock truck, 180k stock head bolts. never blew the gaskets.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
My favorite tow tune is my IDP street. Love that tune. I've been in contact with Eric through e-mail and as soon as he's back in the shop Monday, I'm calling for an Extreme X.

What are you guys with 05-07 trucks seeing for max boost on the Extreme X?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I towed 8k for over a year with tsd's race tune on a stock truck, 180k stock head bolts. never blew the gaskets.

Chris told me that I should be good to tow 8k+ with my setup and the SPD tune. Hooked to right around 8k a couple times and never had a problem. I think as long as you're not stupid with the throttle, you're fine. JMO

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.