Toyo mt vs nitto trail grappler

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ok looking at tires down to toyo mt or nitto trails. What do you guys like about each? What are some pros and cons about? Mileage? How do they wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcassens

Reaction score
I am looking at the same sets of tires so I'm I'm for some answers also

Sent from a bus 6 feet in the air

Betarocker

Reaction score
Toyo has more size options. They also seem to have a bit more siping, which give more 'bite' and help cool the tread (more surface area). Other than that, they are very similar.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Im leaning towards the trail and about to pull the trigger. The Toyo in a 35 for 22's runs too narrow for my taste. Having to sike myself up on the preicetag though. lol

smokedout250

Reaction score
Im leaning towards the trail and about to pull the trigger. The Toyo in a 35 for 22's runs too narrow for my taste. Having to sike myself up on the preicetag though. lol

See that becomes a problem for me, I'm running a leveling kit. Gonna be stepping up to 35s on 20x10 hostages with -12 offset so if the trails run wide they may rub more. I plan to step to 4" lift tho

JDub

Reaction score
I just put the Trails on my Duramax. Seem to be good so far, kinda noisy on the highway, but have to expect that with an M/T. But they balanced out nicely and don't vibrate or shake at all. Think I'll go get them siped before the snow falls.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I just put the Trails on my Duramax. Seem to be good so far, kinda noisy on the highway, but have to expect that with an M/T. But they balanced out nicely and don't vibrate or shake at all. Think I'll go get them siped before the snow falls.

I have siped one set of tires, and I really liked them other than throwing rocks.... May have to look into the trails with some siping

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
I have a buddy who has had 3 sets of the toyos and said the least amount of mileage he has gotten has been 55k. They are on a 06 250. I just put them on my truck and like them so far. My truck wanders all over the road since they were put on. I was told by another buddy that his did that for a little while when his were new. Plus they were only 40$ more than Nitto for all 4.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
I do not like my Trail grapplers. At 15k they are almost done. They might make it to 20k but , they will be bald. The Toyos on my 95 have over 40k on them and are over 6 years old. The Nittos wear fast on mine. Hope you the best on yours.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
What kind of mileage are the rest of you seeing out of nitto trails?

smokedout250

Reaction score
I ran toyos on my obs I liked them a lot but only got 35k out of them which for me isn't bad I could see the trail making that. I have a buddy with 20k on his and they look new lol but I think siping would make a better tire out of them

Reaction score
I have had both... i had 35x12.50x16s on my old cummins they went 45k no problems at all! Then i had my Nitto Trails 285x70x18s on my 04 CCSb KR and i had them on there for 20k and there was about half tread left. But both tires ran smooth, but the toyos were quieter at highway speeds but the trails picked up less stones. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I average 8k miles a yr on my truck so not terribly concerned but still....

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well I think I'm gonna try the nittos maybe look into siping them for the added heat and wet roads I travel

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I'm gonna roll the dice. I heard just as many pros as cons on the Nitto Trails. Ordered. They'll be in on Wednesday.

Now to sell the Falkens to pay for em. lol

Latest posts

Members online