Tpms and tire resize on a 2015

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Anyway to disable the Tpms or lower the values for each tire? Also how would you adjust the speedo for different size tires? Trying not to go through ford they are a pain when it comes to this I tried asking them. I would really like to just disable the whole system. What are my options?

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
SCT X4 lets you drop pressure to 30psi and change tire size but only up to 34" iirc.
On mine with 35's setting tire size to 34 makes the speedo perfect on a GPS.

Jay Bemis

Reaction score
A tech from the dealership has to reset the parameters for tire pressure. I just had this done on my last service. 2015 F350.
I tried to get them to re calibrate my speedo. They told me it was ilegal and they wouldnt/couldn't do it.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
With 35" tires on my F350 my speedo is exact based on 2 different GPS units and no recalibrating was needed.

As for the TPMS, the dealer CAN lower the threshold for the sensors. It will cost you about $60..

They do it for all the lifted trucks they sell and if they won't do it then they can point you to their installer shops that can.

Jay Bemis

Reaction score
I had a speedo re calibrator installed when I did the lift/wheels/tires. It seriously confused the truck. As a result the speedo was 10 mph slower and the truck drove like it was in regen. I removed the device the next day. I have 37" tires and the speedo matches road side speed limit signs With in 1 mph.
15 f350

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
SCT X4 lets you drop pressure to 30psi and change tire size but only up to 34" iirc.
On mine with 35's setting tire size to 34 makes the speedo perfect on a GPS.

i cant figure out how to change the tire pressure on my x4 maybe i need to try and update the programmer

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
if you have the sct x4, download the new firmware. i had version 1.1.1.3, i downloaded the new one which is 1.1.1.5 and i can now change tire size, gear ratio, and tpms pressure.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Yes sir, We have done plenty of them at the shop.

Does it require putting a tune in the truck even just for a few minutes? I'd rather not void my warranty but I do have access to a mini maxx. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I don't think it even needs to be tuned there's a tpms option in the main menu if I remember correctly. I haven't tried it yet. See if it works!

syrupdawg

Reaction score
I don't think it even needs to be tuned there's a tpms option in the main menu if I remember correctly. I haven't tried it yet. See if it works!

Menu on the h&s right? Yea from what I understand u don't have to program just turn off. I was just wondering if an xrt pro will do it as a good customer of mine has one I can borrow

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Yea the menu. Give it a try if it doesn't work it shouldn't cause an issue

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.