TPMS disable idea. Anyone know if this will work?

Clean-15

Reaction score
Idea to "disable" the TPMS system on 6.7's. Anyone know exactly how these I have an idea to disable the TPMS systems on these trucks but don't know if it will work. I work for Lexus and we had a car come in with all of the sensors in a pvc canister sitting in the truck. 3 of the sensors were just inside the charged portion and 1 was drilled through the side with the valve sticking out. The correct pressure was set and it was just chillin in the trunk, no TPMS lights on!

Does anyone know if our systems might work the same? If all the sensors were at a central location (say behind the seat), would the receiver register?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can tell us if this might work!!
Yes, I posted this on PS.org but got no response.

SAK

Reaction score
That will work until the batteries die on the sensors. I did this but with them in my spare tire. Only lasted about a week if I remember correctly.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
We used to drill 3 extra holes in the spare wheel and install the 4 tpms sensors in the spare. The extra benefit is you'll know when your spare needs air.

SAK

Reaction score
Can you elaborate as to why the batteries died?
Because the sensors weren't rotating to keep them charged?

All I know is that the tpms light came on when they were in the spare, I pulled them out and put them in the 4 tires on the ground and in a few miles the light turned back off.

To my understanding is that the sensors some how charge with the rotational force.

DTL

Reaction score
Mustang guys put them in a piece of PVC pipe, seal it and charge it. Does the same thing. Putting them in the spare is a nice idea too.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Rotating of the tires does nothing to charge the batteries. The batteries in the sensor are non-serviceable, non-chargeable, and non-replaceable. It is possible that the sensor may go into a sleep state to preserve battery life, if it doesn't sense the rotation of the tire, I've heard that some sensors will do this, but I have no proof of it.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting info. I never thought of that. It kinda makes sense that the spinning would possibly activate some sort of charge but if a truck sits for a while the tpms lights don't come on due to dead or sleeping sensors.....unless there is a delay of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
I highly doubt they have some sort of a charge/spin system on them. For the simple reason the spares have the same sensors. Every TPMS vehicle with a spare would have dead sensors and/or TPMS light on if that were the case.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
do you not have to program the newer trucks when you change/rotate wheels? :confused:

on my 08, it came with a fob to reprogram when you rotated and if you put a spare on, you would most certainly get a TPMS light on

I've heard this PVC pipe trick explained numerous times, but I've never actually talked with somebody who has done it successfully. I've read plenty of times where it didn't work though

carcare

Reaction score
Yes u need to learn sensors when changed if u want it rite. Toms Sensors go to sleep for battery preservation when stopped. The spare when equipped with one is the only exception . A couple rotations of the tire and sensor comes out of sleep mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carcare

Reaction score
Never heard of it but if u goin through that much trouble u should buy a programmer. I don't see how any of that other stuff will work. It needs to be disabled not tricked. I think ther are even tpms disable software without having to buy complete tuner. Search it I bet you will find something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online