TPS/PCM issues

7.31psd

Reaction score
I bought an e99 auto from a friend. He bought the truck from the original purchaser. Truck is stock except for BD trans, BD torque lockup, and a 6637. Had a bd chip on it but friend took it off due to hard shifting. My issue is when it rains and I run the wipers, seems to be only on intermediate, truck bucks and cuts out. Google and I found that the ground on the wiper and ground on the pcm are shared and the wiper motor will cause issues for the pcm. Makes sense to me. So that one solved, well maybe.

Issues at this time. This truck has been going through Ford throttle assemblies left and right. Like 4 in the last 2 years. Whats the likely hood that the pcm is messing up the TPS? Maybe the wiper motor is messing with the pcm and pcm is screwing with the TPS with weird voltage or something.

Thinking I might need to replace wiper motor, or very least move the ground, buy a new pcm and have it flashed and then a new tps or am I going the wrong direction??????????? I'm not new to PSD's and the obvious things have been checked or replaced.

I'm extremely stumped, please help and TIA

7.31psd

Reaction score
Thanks Arisley but I'm more worried about the throttle assembly and why is going out. But I will look into that.

7.31psd

Reaction score
Anybody know if any auto, 7.3 pcm will work in my truck? Is e99 compatible with say an 01?

Think I'm just going to start throwing parts at it.

Reaction score
I bought an e99 auto from a friend. He bought the truck from the original purchaser. Truck is stock except for BD trans, BD torque lockup, and a 6637. Had a bd chip on it but friend took it off due to hard shifting. My issue is when it rains and I run the wipers, seems to be only on intermediate, truck bucks and cuts out. Google and I found that the ground on the wiper and ground on the pcm are shared and the wiper motor will cause issues for the pcm. Makes sense to me. So that one solved, well maybe.

Issues at this time. This truck has been going through Ford throttle assemblies left and right. Like 4 in the last 2 years. Whats the likely hood that the pcm is messing up the TPS? Maybe the wiper motor is messing with the pcm and pcm is screwing with the TPS with weird voltage or something.

Thinking I might need to replace wiper motor, or very least move the ground, buy a new pcm and have it flashed and then a new tps or am I going the wrong direction??????????? I'm not new to PSD's and the obvious things have been checked or replaced.

I'm extremely stumped, please help and TIA

Change the cam sensor. Napa brand ones can cause issues with the wipers on.

7.31psd

Reaction score
Yes, it should be a ford one but who knows what his mechanic did. He did install autolite glow plugs in and dorman vc gaskets.

7.31psd

Reaction score
Yes throwing parts gets wifey mad fast. Shes already not liking the situation. Going to pull the cps and look at it after lunch. Grey are the ones to have correct?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes throwing parts gets wifey mad fast. Shes already not liking the situation. Going to pull the cps and look at it after lunch. Grey are the ones to have correct?
prolly wont get that at ford anymore. it will prolly be purple. same from ih.

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
Get those autolight glow plugs outta there.... get genuine ford put in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

7.31psd

Reaction score
I'm not real happy about the glow plugs either. You guys would be shocked if I told you all the BS crap he did. Unfortunately My buddy trusts him. On gas he may be fine but not on PSD's.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm not real happy about the glow plugs either. You guys would be shocked if I told you all the BS crap he did. Unfortunately My buddy trusts him. On gas he may be fine but not on PSD's.
no, we prolly wouldnt be shocked.. most of us at one point prolly did the same till we learned better..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online