Trac bar build

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I'm looking to build some track bars for my truck. Iv seen it done in here before. I was curious to know what parts where use, location of welding and mounting, length that should be used, and if it would be better to just buy them as a kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
You may come out cheaper building them yourself. I had built several sets before I got OUO traction blocks. I always used 2 inch Dom tubing with 1/4 wall. I like over kill instead of under kill. But anyways I always used ballastic joints on all sets and ordered my rear end brackets from them as well. For the frame mount, I used angle and flat bar and bolted them on. I didn't like welding on my frame.

mustube

Reaction score
I used 1.5" .25 wall DOM tubing with 7/8 x 7/8 rod ends and I had the ID of the misalignment spacers machined to fit snuggly around the stock metric track bar bolt.
I had the tube laying around but you can get the rod ends and tubing from ruffstuff specialties.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
What can I do for mounting? Sorry for al the questions I'm new to this side of thing

njjeep

Reaction score
Isn't a track bar or panhard bar used to locate an axle side to side? And what the OP means is "traction bars". Just sayin...

mustube

Reaction score
OP has almost 500 posts. If he doesn't know the difference then op should buy a kit.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
3C9DF5B8-EF3F-46DA-828C-3A3578C8F358_zpsxiahyft3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this is what i did for front and rear mounts. rears are weld on, fronts bolt on. 2" x.250 DOM with ballistic 2.63 front bushings and 7/8" rod ends.

bretferd

Reaction score
this is what i did for front and rear mounts. rears are weld on, fronts bolt on. 2" x.250 DOM with ballistic 2.63 front bushings and 7/8" rod ends.

Can you post pics of how its all mounted to the truck? I will be doing this to my truck once I get my tax return.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
checking out balisticfab i have no idea what im looking at lol. they seem to have everything i need to really fab up anything i want.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Did a shopping cart and it's a lot cheaper than buying some.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.