Track bar for 02

ToMang07

Reaction score
Another thing was my shocks. As you can see their all pretty much rusted and some leak. But with a spring pack like I have, is there even a reason for shocks? I mean this thing rides rediculousy harsh. I doubt shocks are even doing their job

Get some good shocks, sized/valved for your truck. Springs support the weight, shocks control the bounce.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
When I say there is no bounce, there literally is next to no bounce. I'll toss some On later, I really want to get this front end knocked out.

K_Hood

Reaction score
I feel like I could use a little R&R on my front end...so I will be following this thread! :thumbup:

On a side note, I absolutely love the grille you have on your truck. It's a nice blend between the painted sport and a billet. :drool:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'll be ordering the bar and stabilizers tomorrow.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Last thing. I noticed my front driveshaft is too long. The blue spline insert contacts the u joint on hard hits. Do I have to get the shaft cut and if so, how much?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'll see if I can get a good angle tomorrow.

But I noticed contact marks on the rear side of the old u joint. I put in a new one and it has the same. Marks along with the grease I put in the boot of the spline when I had it apart. I can only. Assume when I hit hard the shaft contracts and contact is made

jngreen

Reaction score
I'll see if I can get a good angle tomorrow.

But I noticed contact marks on the rear side of the old u joint. I put in a new one and it has the same. Marks along with the grease I put in the boot of the spline when I had it apart. I can only. Assume when I hit hard the shaft contracts and contact is made

That could be why your truck ride is so harsh.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Is it common to cut a shaft after a lift? Or could it not even be the right shaft?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Sounds like your driveshaft is too long if I'm thinking about what your describing correctly. Like someone replaced it with a longer one.

Btw disregard my last post in the beginning.

artieb

Reaction score
Hey ToMang, how tight are the bushings? Are they poly or rubber and has the bar been holding up? I appreciate your input, thanks Artie

ToMang07

Reaction score
Hey ToMang, how tight are the bushings? Are they poly or rubber and has the bar been holding up? I appreciate your input, thanks Artie

In post #5 you can see it, it's the same as the OEM bar, steel bushing in rubber. And as I said in post #2, I beat the piss out of it, off roading, plowing, towing, and REALLY bad roads, lol, no issues yet.

artieb

Reaction score
thanks, I seen your picture is better than the sellers picture. I appreciate it! if the bar can survive this winter and snow plowing is doing pretty good

huck2080

Reaction score
fyi looks like a fabtech lift / new better shock will make a world of differnce on the harsh ride

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.