Traction Bars?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
cal-tracs? or do they not count as "bars" lol

Cal-tracs aren't a bad option either. Seem to work out for some people. However, after seeing them load the suspension of the old Wide Open race truck at the line so much that they launched the rear end of the truck dang near 2' off the ground, sending the driveline and tail shaft through the convertor.... I dont think I'll ever run a set. Maybe some others will chime in with their experiences

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i know jeff likes his. just the price/quality/adjustability to ride height is what i like about them... and for people that just want to cancel the axel wrap and firm shifting on tuned truck or few mods their sweet IMO

JDub

Reaction score
Wide Open race truck at the line so much that they launched the rear end of the truck dang near 2' off the ground

Is this what you'd be referring to? :badidea:

jumptruck.jpg

SAK

Reaction score
One thing about the Cal-Tracs is that when you let off the gas the bar no longer controls the axle wrap. It only controls the pinion when it goes up, not down like when you let off the gas, or put it in reverse. Does it work, yes, but on a DD that sees constant on-off throttle I would want to make sure the axle is not going to wrap no matter what.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
One thing about the Cal-Tracs is that when you let off the gas the bar no longer controls the axle wrap. It only controls the pinion when it goes up, not down like when you let off the gas, or put it in reverse. Does it work, yes, but on a DD that sees constant on-off throttle I would want to make sure the axle is not going to wrap no matter what.

thanks. didn't think about all that. I was just mentioning them

Shipmate

Reaction score
:whs:
Plus, SAK check it out, I would go with OUO or PMF traction bars. OUO are on the fastest truck out there. I have PMF bars on my ride and love them. OP: if you have any questions about OUO bars I recommend PMing SAK. :toast:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.