Train Horn Installs... Let's see them!!

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
i have my train horns mounted where the spare tire was. 1 viair 480c mounted near that. 2 viair 450c compressors on the passenger frame. 2 sets of grover horns on the passenger frame. 12 gallon tank in the bed. i have pics but dont feel like looking them up right now.

Garrett

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Here's my install, this is the Shocker 540 Kit from Hornblaster's. I added a extra air valve, so I can dump the air from the tank at the flip of a switch.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

This is the extra dump valve.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Sound awesome. On the first test, I load the wife up, head down the road, hit the button...Nothing...I'm like "wtf?" Hit it again... they sound, and then stay on....LOL

Bad switch, swapped it out for a old nitrous purge button, works flawlessly.

Scared the crap out of my buddies boss at his shop today, freaking priceless. LOL LOL

2stangs8689

Reaction score
That's cool, my buddy's here local is similar as well. Biggest thing for me was getting it up as high as possible, which, other than the tank, can't be seen at all, unless you really look. My truck has a appearance package on it I guess you could call it, so you really have to look for the horns and the compressor.

oneton

Reaction score
I wish I had the slim tank but oh well. Just an FYI to anyone who looks at my setup, you have to be lifted as most of my stuff is above the axle/driveline.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjIuanBn.jpg

rs, is that the kit you got from paul in the group buy last year?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
It was tough to pull the trigger and buy such a novelty item, but they sure are fun!! LOL

Iv been having a blast with mine. Flip on the switch and use my door lock button to mess with my friends when they walk by the truck.

I think the best so far was my truck was ideling while I was waiting for this person in front of my to leave the parking structure... This guy that works at the building looks over at me, rubs his fingers together and says "money" (meaning im burning it up by my truck ideling because its a "big diesel"). So I look at him and smile, then ask him if he has a heart condition, he says "no, why?" and well, you know where it goes from there LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.