Tranmission help

cbrown

Reaction score
Just got a full competition trans with billet flexplate and mid stall hd converter from Elite/Rudys yesterday, put it in today. When we went to start it up, the truck starts fine, but it sounds like there is a nut bouncing around inside the transmission. It will only do it in park, once it is shifted into gear and loaded, it stops. But as soon as you take the load off of the transmission, it starts up again. The noise does not change any with rpm. Also, it jumps into gear hard. Any thoughts/ advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Brown

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would be tearing that transmission back down and figuring out where the noise is coming from. If something sounds loose, it probably is.

The positive engagement into gear is normal.

cbrown

Reaction score
I know it jumps into gear some, it just does it a little harder than it used to. Its replacing a transmission that had the Suncoast rebuild in it, maybe the upgraded planetaries and clutch material grab a little harder. And im probably picking out every little thing right now because I'm frustrated, been waiting to get the truck back on the road for a while now.

As far as tearing into it, just pull it back from the engine and see if theres anything there? It was built in house by Elite, so nothing on my end was done to anything internal.

cbrown

Reaction score
Yea, i just started pullinf it back out, gonna check the converter and flexplate since the noise is close to the bellhousing. If all that checks out I guess its headed out monday. Ill let yall know what I find.

Thanks

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I assume it has the Suncoast HD converter. The clearance from the HD to the pump cover is VERY close and that could be your issue. If one spot on the converter is touching just slightly. Go run it hard and let me know. This is Tadd from Elite.

cbrown

Reaction score
So youre saying just go drive the piss out of it for a bit? Im down for that, just wanna make sure you think thats the issue....id hate to go *** something major. But you did build it......so you would kniw best haha.

cbrown

Reaction score
Tadd,

Would you mind calling me at 804-833-1825. I'd like to talk to you real quick just to clarify things and get a little insight on the issue before I go run it.

Thanks
Chris Brown

cbrown

Reaction score
Well, Tadd knows his ****. Took it out, ran it hard, no more noise. heard a grinding/ clicking noise once or twice when it was trying to shift, ill probably take it out tonight and let it learn and see what it does later on. Definitely tell a difference from the regular suncoast converter to the hd mid stall. It feels nice!

8luggin

Reaction score
Well, Tadd knows his ****. Took it out, ran it hard, no more noise. heard a grinding/ clicking noise once or twice when it was trying to shift, ill probably take it out tonight and let it learn and see what it does later on. Definitely tell a difference from the regular suncoast converter to the hd mid stall. It feels nice!

Well im still waiting for you to finance mine

Dzchey21

Reaction score
glad to hear that the issue is resolved

Im gunna need to jump on this bandwagon soon, hoping to have enough cash to have it refreshened and full billet shafts and the hd converter like you did

Keep us posted on how you like it, love mine and its 2 years old LOL

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
glad to hear that the issue is resolved

Im gunna need to jump on this bandwagon soon, hoping to have enough cash to have it refreshened and full billet shafts and the hd converter like you did

Keep us posted on how you like it, love mine and its 2 years old LOL

I would just save up for a different Trans
I have hs converter and extra clutches and still can keep a converter or overdrive clutches

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Lol I would change or waste the money unless you destroy the one you have

tylerdillard

Reaction score
LENCO...lol

you make more power than i do or will so im not too worried

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323016630.412832.jpg

Latest posts

Members online