Trans fixin to take a dump?

pistonbully

Reaction score
Mines doing something like that now too. I can step on it WOT and not a problem goes like hell then back off pull up to a stop light it doesnt wanna go , apply throttle it slips a little then goes. Turned my IQ on to monitor transmission slip it shows i only get slip when im pulling up to park everything runs great. Hit the throttle and again it goes like hell again pull up to another light and it doesnt wanna pick up, IQ then shows slip. No other slip except just before your park it

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
you pull the pan and replace it. they are about 150 bucks plus fluid if you change it. also give you a chance to look for how potentially bad it is. at least these trucks have a drain hole in the pan. but if you do pull the pan just know there is a qt or so that only comes out after you get it off the truck and generally spills all over you and the driveway

Propwash

Reaction score
I see this tread is getting old but I have a slightly different problem.
My truck has a Shutter/vibration that only shows up in 5th gear lockup when pulling a 5K lbs or larger trailer down the freeway. As soon as i get the convertor to unlock in fifth gear it goes away and is nice and smooth, as soon as it re-locks the shutter returns. I get no shutter when running empty, even under WOT. I assume something in the trans is slipping???? Has anyone else had this problem or what do you think it could be? FYI the truck only has 63K miles on it.
Thanks for the help!

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Sounds either like the converter/control side of lockup is ****ed, or the direct lock between engine and driveline is revealing an unforeseen engine issue. (heavy load miss for example).

Propwash

Reaction score
So does that mean that maybe I could get away with just putting a better torque convertor in it, or would it require better internals as well?
I don't believe it has a high load miss, but I'm not a tech either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.