Trans issue

torque beast

Reaction score
Sounds like your a typical dodge owner, you should probably just go buy one.

Not sure what's "typical" about a dodge owner but one thing is for sure I'm not carrying Pom Poms for any certain brand. I have owned all 3 big brands of truck, several of each to be exact. Chevy just doesn't do much for me anymore but dodge and ford are my preferred trucks. I do like the cummins engine but their transmissions are $hit and the rest of the truck is cheaply built. Ford has had engine problems in the past but their transmission is solid and their trucks are built to a higher quality standard. With that said I can build a 48re in my sleep to hold more power than I will be running and don't mind going back to an older truck again if that's what it takes. Like I said the emblem on the grill don't mean much to me if it is dependable and does why I need it to do. Hopefully this solenoid issue will be painless and all will be well.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Update us on what exactly fixes it. I've got lazy into reverse and an occasional miss on the 2-3 shift which I'm hoping is just a solenoid.

bpan

Reaction score
Not sure what's "typical" about a dodge owner but one thing is for sure I'm not carrying Pom Poms for any certain brand. I have owned all 3 big brands of truck, several of each to be exact. Chevy just doesn't do much for me anymore but dodge and ford are my preferred trucks. I do like the cummins engine but their transmissions are $hit and the rest of the truck is cheaply built. Ford has had engine problems in the past but their transmission is solid and their trucks are built to a higher quality standard. With that said I can build a 48re in my sleep to hold more power than I will be running and don't mind going back to an older truck again if that's what it takes. Like I said the emblem on the grill don't mean much to me if it is dependable and does why I need it to do. Hopefully this solenoid issue will be painless and all will be well.
These bits are what make you EXACTLY a typical Dodge owner. Your willing to give up you well built truck, with a well built motor and trans, because you have a small "issue" with your trans, and go to an OLDER truck, with WORSE quality and a WORSE transmission, which you admit you will have to build anyways!!!

If you willing to build a Dodge tranny, why aren't you willing to build this one when and IF it goes.

Ford has had engine problems in the past

Also, welcome to 2016. You don't own a 6.0.

/End rant, I will stay tuned for the results though.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
This 'lazy in reverse after sitting' is a pump replacement. The pump leaks down when it shouldn't. But it's a pull the trans kind of thing.

It should be done under warranty if you still have any.

torque beast

Reaction score
These bits are what make you EXACTLY a typical Dodge owner. Your willing to give up you well built truck, with a well built motor and trans, because you have a small "issue" with your trans, and go to an OLDER truck, with WORSE quality and a WORSE transmission, which you admit you will have to build anyways!!!

If you willing to build a Dodge tranny, why aren't you willing to build this one when and IF it goes.

Ford has had engine problems in the past

Also, welcome to 2016. You don't own a 6.0.

/End rant, I will stay tuned for the results though.

I see what you are saying but there are other issues as well. My 12' has left me on the side of the road 3 times now due to the EGT sensor issue causing the truck to die right in front of a semi which almost ran my wife and I over and now the trans issue so yes I do get frustrated from time to time. As for my dodges none of them have left me stranded yet so where do you draw the line? I do like the new 6.7 and believe ford finally got it right. Body is stronger and I don't have to worry about a bird $hitting on the hood and putting a dent in it like my dodges. I like the quicker turning ratio of my dodges better but, hey I could pick both these trucks apart all day if I wanted to. I don't hate either of them but there are things I like about both. I will let you know what I find out in the trans issue.

sootie

Reaction score
why not get the update for the egt sensor issue so you dont have the recurring problem? its free!

torque beast

Reaction score
why not get the update for the egt sensor issue so you dont have the recurring problem? its free!

I did. I bought all new sensors with the newest part number then had it flashed. So far so good on that issue. I had to get the "fix" for that off of here because 3 different dealerships had no clue what I was talking about.

bpan

Reaction score
Also there is a jumper wire if you are left stranded so you can get the truck home or to a shop.

bpan

Reaction score
Ill figure it out and get back to you, I've never had to do it, I believe the 6.4 Powerstrokes had this too.

bpan

Reaction score
It has something to do with the plug near the negative battery cable on the pass side, I am not sure if it just needs to be disconnected though or if something needs to be jumpers. I'll look under the hood tomorrow.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
This 'lazy in reverse after sitting' is a pump replacement. The pump leaks down when it shouldn't. But it's a pull the trans kind of thing.

It should be done under warranty if you still have any.

No warranty here but have lazy into reverse and sometimes it misses the 2-3 shift completely and free revs. However, it is lazy into reverse after driving home, not after sitting. Is that a pump issue?

Jomax

Reaction score
It has something to do with the plug near the negative battery cable on the pass side, I am not sure if it just needs to be disconnected though or if something needs to be jumpers. I'll look under the hood tomorrow.

Okay, thnx

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score

Any update on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online