Trans may be on its way out!

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Well I knew this would happen eventually. But I would like some help to pinpoint the problem if we can do so. 2011 f250, modded CP4, fass lift pump, mini maxx, s371fmw, tunes from demonic diesel.

I've had this setup for about 6 months and before that was the same but with a 366 for 6 months. This truck has had a very very very hard life. Brake stands, boosted launches, dyno's, truck pulls. You name it I've probably done it. And all the while the trans has been very good to me. Slipped a few times, popped out of fear once or twice, but nothing major... Today on my way home I noticed it was acting different. A couple hard shift, flared 4th, and then went into what I'm guessing is limp mode of some sort. Drives fine in 1-3, has all the power it normally has, but 4th it will slip and then jump to 6th. I also don't have manual mode. Any ideas?

dseitler

Reaction score
If you have a MiniMax Format your card, download the update from H&S and re-install your Tunes on your card. Update your firmware and reinstall your tunes before you do anything is my suggestion. Same thing has happened to me more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Well that's a lot cheaper response than I was expecting!! Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Yea I figured. What exactly does updating everything do? I'm hoping that fixes it, just would like to understand how.

dseitler

Reaction score
For some reason on my truck the file gets corrupt and I start having small problems. My navigation and the UBS stereo starts to act funny first. Then my Sirius will go into acquiring signal. Then I will start having glitches with the autostart. If I let it go too long the transmission starts acting up and I will totally miss gears. especially first thing in the morning I will completely missed second gear. If I redo the card like I told you and completely download everything takes care of the problem.

mattmal9

Reaction score
For some reason on my truck the file gets corrupt and I start having small problems. My navigation and the UBS stereo starts to act funny first. Then my Sirius will go into acquiring signal. Then I will start having glitches with the autostart. If I let it go too long the transmission starts acting up and I will totally miss gears. especially first thing in the morning I will completely missed second gear. If I redo the card like I told you and completely download everything takes care of the problem.

I have no say in this, but that's wild. I wonder what causes all that to happen?

dseitler

Reaction score
If you run the same tune every day this will probably never happen. But with the testing I have done and the amount of of tunes in and out of my ECM TCM I have had this problem a few times. So before we spend a lot of money I would give this a try.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think ive had about 30-50 tunes in , my wipers will randomly fire one shot at startup occasionally, but I figured its something along the same lines. but ive never had any actrual issues with trans behavior or anything else.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I think ive had about 30-50 tunes in , my wipers will randomly fire one shot at startup occasionally, but I figured its something along the same lines. but ive never had any actrual issues with trans behavior or anything else.

I have had 2 lol

Codydiesel

Reaction score

I would look at replacing the multi function assembly mine did that then it would cycle the wipers whenever , then I could never shut them off .

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I would also like to know. Trying to figure out what my options are if the trans is screwed? Elites trans is priced pretty well.

Reaction score
Both of mine that lost 4th completely had 100% smoked clutches. One had h&s with Bently's tune, one had sct with KEM. Built trans fixed that problem 100% lol.

I've flashed my 2015 probably as much as you Dan. That's crazy though. I'm glad I haven't had any issues with crazy acting electronics. Although I'm sure at some point it's going to get mad at me.

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I don't think your using the MiniMax. Tadd helped me through it the first time when the truck was sort of new. Freaked me out.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I don't think your using the MiniMax. Tadd helped me through it the first time when the truck was sort of new. Freaked me out.

I believe he is .

Reaction score

I've used a lot of different platforms in that truck, some that are available and some that aren't. Even bench flashed the pcm before there was a tuner with a protocol to unlock a 2015 pcm... It's been tuned a lot.

Joseph_the_builder

Reaction score
These trucks are very sensitive. I had a issue with Rail Pressure maxing out when normal driving randomly one morning. I thought the CP3 FCA was acting up at first but I took the SD Card out, updated firmware, and the truck hasn't missed a hiccup since then. I didn't have any issues with my transmission but I've had a Suncoast in mine since November 2014 without any issues so far.

Latest posts

Members online