Trans problem

junior125

Reaction score
So my 2005 CCSB 6.0 decided to leave me on the side of the road for the first time, I was in the middle of merging, pressed on the skinny pedal and the transmission decided it needed to downshift, I was able to hear anything as I had the air conditioning all the way up as well as the radio pretty loud but I could feel it shudder a little bit and then all of a sudden it was like I was in neutral. It won't move under its own power, I don't hear it grinding or anything while the truck is running, shifting through the different gears I can hear the motor sound like it is being put under a slight load but no where close to what it would be normally, fluid doesn't smell burned and has plenty in it. Am I looking at something simple or should I be finding a place to rebuild/replace the transmission?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Any tattle tails before this? Slipping? Overheating? Sounds like you might have a torque converter laying down. Any codes? What tunes are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

junior125

Reaction score
Running just the canned SCT performance tune, the only thing I noticed before it was as it down shift I felt it shudder a bit but that was it, the only thing I had done to it recently was put new batteries in it

Latest posts

Members online