Trans ?

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Well today when replacing my down pipe found I bent the tranny cooler line almost pinching off flow. I need to know what size the flares are and if i can run AN fittings somehow to make things easier for me. Any help is much appreciated. Its a E40D tranny by the way.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
If you didn't damage the tubing near the ends then you can just cut out the dented section and use hardware store compression connectors to join the ends back together or add in a repair section. I think the lines for an OBS are 5/16" tubing. If you can get to a hydraulics shop they can fix you up with steel ferrule fittings to do this (no flaring needed). Auto parts stores carry steel brake line in straight sections that can be used as repair sections up to about 5'-6'long. Hand benders are not expensive either.

Unfortunately, the flare end and AN flare angles are different. Flare is 45* and AN is 37* unless you change out the fittings in the transmission case. A problem with using AN braided line is finding hose with the proper temperature/pressure rating; trans fluid would be borderline here, I think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online