transfer case brace????

hayden

Reaction score
Thats a good question. Truck was fine then one day was driving down road and ka boom she went. Only thing we can figure was stress from towing, truck regularly tows around 10k everyday

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats a good question. Truck was fine then one day was driving down road and ka boom she went. Only thing we can figure was stress from towing, truck regularly tows around 10k everyday

I regularly tow from 10 to 18k... Never broke one. In any of my trucks...

Agree it sounds like loose bolts. I broke a drive line once that took out the T-case and the tranny case...

That was expensive.

PSDSeven.3

Reaction score
Sorry, but towing 10k regularly ain't gonna do it. If that is all it took then there wouldn't be a single 450 or 550 on the road. Are you sure the transfer case didn't lose its fluid and lock up?

hayden

Reaction score
Didnt say that was the cause. Towing through the city is a lot harder on something then highway towing. Transfer case is fine. Truck is fixed and everything is good. Just asking to see if there was anything out there thats all. Just trying to avoid it happening again.

Shaw

Reaction score
I thought I read about this on psn a couple years ago. I think it had something to do with the drive shaft, or the u-joints or something. I just don't remember what all it was.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Reminds me of the guy that claimed he broke 3 stock T cases with stage 2 splits & a superchips & needed a divorce mounted 203 to handle his power. But somehow Bean & dozens of others have made their stockers live behind 500hp+ sled pulling. :confused:

OSCS

Reaction score
Reminds me of the guy that claimed he broke 3 stock T cases with stage 2 splits & a superchips & needed a divorce mounted 203 to handle his power. But somehow Bean & dozens of others have made their stockers live behind 500hp+ sled pulling. :confused:

The guy isnt claiming to be making gobs of power and now needs some super support beam to hold his truck together.. give him a break hes just trying to find a solution to a problem he may or may not be having.

Last edited:

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
how is this even remotely related? the guy isnt claiming to be making gobs of power and now needs some super support beam to hold his truck together.. give him a break hes just trying to find a solution to a problem he may or may not be having.

I'm going to bow out because once again I clearly have no clue what I'm talking about. Nor have I ever installed a Merchant T-case bracket on a Dmax. :rolleyes: & once again I'm ripping on the new guys calling them idiots.....

OSCS

Reaction score
I'm going to bow out because once again I clearly have no clue what I'm talking about. Nor have I ever installed a Merchant T-case bracket on a Dmax. :rolleyes: & once again I'm ripping on the new guys calling them idiots.....

no one said you didnt know what you were talking about i just dont think the two instances are related. The dude isnt on a mucho trip about how his truck is so powerfull it blew up his T case.. just sayin

Mad Max

Reaction score
in, out and all around the matrix you live in
no one said you didnt know what you were talking about i just dont think the two instances are related. The dude isnt on a mucho trip about how his truck is so powerfull it blew up his T case.. just sayin

he wasnt referring to power, he was referring to weight, dude says he tows 10k, well sled trucks pull anywhere from 14k-50k depending on class..... alot of them run on stockers and have yet to break, so essentially he is saying you dont need a bracket.

OSCS

Reaction score
he wasnt referring to power, he was referring to weight, dude says he tows 10k, well sled trucks pull anywhere from 14k-50k depending on class..... alot of them run on stockers and have yet to break, so essentially he is saying you dont need a bracket.

touche

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.