transmission help on 4r100

B-FEAGLEY7.3

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I first drive it shifts a little hard from 1st down to overdrive. Then when I get on the highway there is a long gap or pause between 1st to 2nd. All the others shift firm and good. What could it be I bought the truck with a Jasper transmission. I recently put a as on it but it shifted like that before.

B-FEAGLEY7.3

Reaction score
The transmission when it shifts from 1st to 2nd there is long pause then it grabs. Idk how else to describe it. Not sure what it is.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A jasper is crap out of the box 95% of.the time. He didnt.even experience the out of the.box part. Id bet moolah there are 120k mile stockers that work better than a new jasper. Almost guaranteed.

I personally know five people off the top of.my head who ran a jasper trans. A girl in a 98 durango, a guy in a 94 250(460 e4od), a 87 chevy 3/4ton(recently restored, a guy with an explorer 4L(03ish), and a duramax owner( :doh :doh: )

The one in the 87 chevy is working fine so far. The truck has ag least 100 miles on it and zero aggressive accelerations. The other four failed. The durango was replaced and "test driven". It either NEVER was or they drove it and felt it was going so they quickly returned to their.shop. It died about three blocks from the shop. The guy that rebuilt it said there were old, unrefurbished parts in it. The 94 ford made it 2500miles as I was rezpinsible for.keepung logs on it. Was ok and.first towing it puked its.guts. Tye allison was never right. The explorer belinged to pioneer seeds. It.made it six.mos and 20k miles and peeeeeeuke.

Not.a.good.track.record in my experience. Buuut Ive had ford put a trans in my van and it.broke.down ten miles down the.road, they put a motor in my 88 ranger and it locked up down the road shortly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.