Transmission Shift locations

TwinTurbo6fo

Reaction score
Right now I have the TC lock in 4th. I'm trying to change the location of when 4th with the TC will shift into 5th. It seems like it hangs too long before it shifts. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Still trying to get the hang of it. Thanks

ckrueg

Reaction score
Right now I have the TC lock in 4th. I'm trying to change the location of when 4th with the TC will shift into 5th. It seems like it hangs too long before it shifts. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Still trying to get the hang of it. Thanks
You're going to want to change the 4-5 shift values lower depending on what throttle position your having the issue at. I set mine based on what rpms I want the motor at in the next gear, in this case that would be 5th gear. Depending on throttle position I have mine shift to 1250-1750 for normal driving.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TwinTurbo6fo

Reaction score
Where do you set that at? That would be awesome as well. That's about where it should be. Do you have some pictures or just what option it is under?

ckrueg

Reaction score
It's under shift points. I think it's simply called 4-5 shift. uploadfromtaptalk1459967338454.jpg this is the only pic I have at the moment. As you can see I have the shift point rise with throttle position. Also the "mph" values for the shift points are off by a certain factor for some reason, so dont worry about the actaul value, its more about how they compare to the other values. For example in my truck, when I set the shift point at 50 in the tune it really happens at 60ish, and when I set the shift point to 25 in the tune, the truck will actually will shift at 30ish. You probably won't want to use my exact values as I have altered my throttle mapping and some other things.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo6fo

Reaction score
So now, is the red dot on the graph where it decides when to shift? I think that's what i'm most confused on.

ckrueg

Reaction score
The y value is the shift point and the x value is the throttle position. The red dot is just the one selected

TwinTurbo6fo

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. Any idea on where i should have it so it'll shift around 47 mph? This is where i have it set right now. I did knock the places down a bit.

Edit: Photo you can actually see. Lol

4-5%20Shift%20point_zpsl1bcbksg.png

Attachments

• 4-5 Shift point.jpg
    4-5 Shift point.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ckrueg

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. Any idea on where i should have it so it'll shift around 47 mph? This is where i have it set right now. I did knock the places down a bit.

Edit: Photo you can actually see. Lol

4-5%20Shift%20point_zpsl1bcbksg.png
Well on my truck the factor the tune values is off by is about 0.71 so I'd guess somewhere around that. I have 3.55 gears and 35s so a higher axle ratio and smaller tires would make that factor closer to 1. By 0.71 I mean the numbers I put into MCC are 71% of the actual mph. So for your truck I would guess about 37 or so assuming you have 3.73 gears and stock tires.

TwinTurbo6fo

Reaction score
I changed those and it's exactly where I want it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.