Triples for IDP race truck built by MPD

Matt

Reaction score
Most of the heat is coming from the secondary (valley charger) so if you are only using one intercooler, I would definately do it just like they did. Fwiw most triple turbo duramaxs do it the same.

JDub

Reaction score
Are you guys Arc welding the intercooler pipes? I wouldn't think hose clamps would seal the boots on the atmospheres?

Spindrift

Reaction score
Was there a particular reason why someone made the decision to go with a modified log manifold as opposed to a true header?

roachie

Reaction score

Spindrift

Reaction score
I'm looking to design and build a pair that works. I think the jury is still out on whether or not the HP gained in a turbo application will be worth the expense of good materials and fabrication.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Are you guys Arc welding the intercooler pipes? I wouldn't think hose clamps would seal the boots on the atmospheres?

No arc it's called no time and a guy said he could tig weld and couldn't the new pipes are tig welded and have t bolt clamps
Hose clamps were last minute..

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Am I the only one that noticed the guy get right in the way of the exhaust, and then suddenly moved out of the way lol. (second vid)

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
well a normal 6.0 with stock exhasut manifolds cant even think anout spooling a 66/74/.91ar t4 primary turbo and with our stainless manifolds it can spool that charger with no problem

We will have true before and after data here soon when our order of flanges gets cut

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
well since these are only on two different trucks, with completely different setups, its really hard to get a good dyno comparison, spoolup is greatly different on whitey from the stock manifolds. Erics truck made 62x on fuel with the old setup and just changing the turbos and manifolds it made 742 on a smaller tune and spooled as quick as stock. So its really hard to say how much the really do work, but from what i can see they do work extremely well and i will be putting them on my truck shortly so we will see how much that helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.