Truck Bed Storage Show and Tell

Dsycutter

Reaction score
OK, I never seem to have enough room or more specifically proper setup for storing and carrying my tools and gear.

I am always trying to find newer/better options.

I'd like to see everyone's setups or even just a description.

My current setup in an 8' bed is:

Access Literider Tonneau cover
In bed Kobalt(Lowes) toolchest
Folding Werner Ladder
Several toolboxes and toolbags

I will see about a complete list of equipment later.

I'd like a small pull out tray, but I'd rather not have a full bed pull out.

So let's see how you are all hauling your gear!

Last edited:

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Here's my packrat I used to have:

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

jdc753

Reaction score
I know I would like to see some more pics of what people are doing.

Here is what I have now.

Weatherguard model 117 crossover box, this is the 27" wide model and I freakin love it (and yes I still have the old site's sticker, will be replaced with an army sticker later on)

IMG_20110528_201453.jpg

Inside is sooo much room

IMG_20110528_201529.jpg

and here is a comparison with my old box. Top is Delta Pro 20" wide box (bout 3 years old never polished) bottom is weatherguard 27" wide box bought it used for $250 from a guy who stored his truck indoors every night, guessing the weatherguard box is at least 5+ years old.

IMG_20110223_173102.jpg

I am hoping to one of these days line the inside with some DIY bedliner and probably add a LED light strip to the lid for getting stuff easier at night.

Dsycutter

Reaction score
I have so much stored in the toolchest and bed, that I still have stuff in the backseat. In reality I should get a workcap, but I dislike caps so much.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I kinda like the look of some caps myself. If you look at the LEER caps that are color matched and flow with the lines on the truck, you may decide they're not so bad.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Here's my packrat I used to have:

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

if you do this, and put a piece of plywood/something over it, cut to the size of the box, you could simply move the floor of the bed up to on top of the pull out. get a rattle can or two of rubberized under coating, spray the plywood, looks like the floor of the bed, just X amount higher. looking at that pic, you could use the top of the wheel wells as your height.

in the summer, i have a couple pieces of 2x6's and a piece of plywood cut to do just that. lets me carry my fishing poles and tackle box around with me all the time and not have to worry about breaking them forgetting there and putting something in the back of the truck.

Latest posts

Members online