Truck died and won't start

Noonman350

Reaction score
So another problem with my truck that just happened about an hour ago. It started up fine, and I let it sit in the shop for about 20min idling. I can back out and was about to close the hood and it died. ICP is brand new, and I just replaced the can sensor with my spare. But after I replaced the sensor it wouldn't start at all. Tried cracking on it and it still wouldn't start. I'm lost on this...

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I broke the golden rule and bought one from autozone a couple months ago. Then Ryan changed my fuel pump and put in 100$ worth of fuel. After draining the fuel thinking I had a water issue , then changing the filter, no codes. I drove it 1,000 miles running like dog $hit. Ok now I've got a lil time off, I start digging and about to order uvch from sunrise. I thought well before I drop the hundo I'll swap out an old known good cps one more time. Problem solved truck runs sweet. Autozone gave me a new one, that I probably don't want. I told Ryan just to be a good customer and learned my lesson I will order 2 ford ones next week and keep the dura junk paper weight. Moral of story ford/int. only 22 azone no good right out of the box!

Noonman350

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled ICP. Still no start, I replaced it last week but I still tried. I'll check those fuses, what ones were they again?
And I used my super awesome Napa scanner since the farm hands destroyed our nice one from ford. And I have no codes.

Noonman350

Reaction score
My friend hooked his snap on scanner up to the truck while I was away just now, he said it's throwing P1283 IPR circuit fault. Does that mean my IPR is out?

Arisley

Reaction score
And the IPR coil. Cleaner is cold, it gets that coil cold and it starts.

I agree with what they said. check the connectors. If that don't fix it, try a coil.

Latest posts

Members online