Truck Died Yesterday Morning

DocBar

Reaction score
304,000 miles on that IPR. I guess I can't really complain. It was the original. I'll be replacing the ICP just because.

DocBar

Reaction score
Good deal, glad you got it fixed. :thumbsup:
Thanks. Me too. Tow trucks are expensive in NYC and I'm working a lot of hours. I'll be buying me a beater to drive around in after I get into my apartment. I should be here for another year, at least. The truck is just way to big to drive around and won;t fit in my apartment's parking garage, anyway.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well, things just keep going wrong. Started doing the same old thing, so changed the ICP and it still wouldn't start. ICP got no higher than 50psi and DC went to 88%. Checked my hpop res and it was dry. Lpop time, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Brad

Reaction score
Check your injector O rings first. I had the same symptoms and had 5 bad upper O rings. I have a gauge to check LPO at the reservoir. Text me if you want me to send it to you.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
Check your injector O rings first. I had the same symptoms and had 5 bad upper O rings. I have a gauge to check LPO at the reservoir. Text me if you want me to send it to you.

How could injector O rings cause the hpop res to be empty? We checked lpo pressure and there was none.
I'll be putting my 400/200's back in soon, so I'll have all new O rings and cups put in. And glow plugs, just because I'm already in there.

DocBar

Reaction score
How can you tell if the lpop is bad by looking at it? My old one "looks" just fine.

The Brad

Reaction score
How could injector O rings cause the hpop res to be empty? We checked lpo pressure and there was none.

Gravity! The injectors are below the HPOP res. I thought the same thing when mine was empty. Did you give the LPO enough time to build pressure. Look at my video above. It took that long to build pressure and I filled the HPOP res beforehand. Pull your HPO hoses and put some 100psi shop air to them for about a minute and listen for gurgling under the VCs. If you have a HPO X-over, you'll want to plug the other bank. Keep a rag over the air nozzle, or you'll be wearing some dead dinosaurs.

DocBar

Reaction score
And now there's oil in the coolant. Sigh. I hope it's just the oil cooler.

dsberman94

Reaction score
How's the oil level. Couldn't oil in the coolant also be injector cups and orings? It probably is just your cooler but if you don't have oil in the pan because it's in the coolant then you won't have any LPO pressure either.

DocBar

Reaction score
How's the oil level. Couldn't oil in the coolant also be injector cups and orings? It probably is just your cooler but if you don't have oil in the pan because it's in the coolant then you won't have any LPO pressure either.
Oil level is good. I talked with the Wiz tonight and he gave me some tips on telling if I have a problem on the top or the bottom.
The oil in the coolant isn't as heavy as I've heard others having. I'm hoping that's a good sign, or the problem hasn't been going on too long. I try to stay on top of these things.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Well, things just keep going wrong. Started doing the same old thing, so changed the ICP and it still wouldn't start. ICP got no higher than 50psi and DC went to 88%. Checked my hpop res and it was dry. Lpop time, I guess.

Sorry to hear your still having problems, check out the no start thread by short bus, there is a post toward the end by golfer, it may be helpful.

mandkole

Reaction score
good grief.. sorry to hear bud.

Did you measure lpo from the lower test port behind the cooler?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.