truck falling on its face under load

Reaction score
Ok I found the problem. I hooked up a different fuel gauge just to double check fuel pressure and I guess my first gauge was messed up cause I'm still dropping pressure. I have the regulator set at 65 and in the economy tune I can pull the gauge down to 30 then it starts to miss. I feel like an idiot now for even posting when I'm still having fuel problems. Thanks for the help guys. Time for me to order yet another pump.

Reaction score
I bought one of dynoproven's full fuel systems. I thought he and I had decided he was gonna build me a kit with dual walbro pumps. But when I got it it was just a single walbro. That's what he has been running on the black truck with 300/200's and it's more than enough fuel. But apparently the single is no where near enough for the bigger nozzle.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Honestly, with a build like yours, I would run a aeromotive or fuellab. JMO. Do you still have the AD on?

DocBar

Reaction score
I bought one of dynoproven's full fuel systems. I thought he and I had decided he was gonna build me a kit with dual walbro pumps. But when I got it it was just a single walbro. That's what he has been running on the black truck with 300/200's and it's more than enough fuel. But apparently the single is no where near enough for the bigger nozzle.
I've been running a FueLab for nearly 100,000 miles with no issue (hope I didn't just jinx myself). Jonathan uses a Walbro pump that isn't rated for diesel fuel. He swears by them, but I'll keep my FueLab or I'd switch to dual SD pumps.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've been running a FueLab for nearly 100,000 miles with no issue (hope I didn't just jinx myself). Jonathan uses a Walbro pump that isn't rated for diesel fuel. He swears by them, but I'll keep my FueLab or I'd switch to dual SD pumps.
only issues i have ever had with walbros is sucking trash into them and killing them and if the truck sits a long time then the pump gums up. you are correct on them not being diesel rated but the issues i have had could happen to any pump...

live life full throttle

co04cobra

Reaction score
I understand the reasoning on running one of the walbro pumps. I run one on my 97 and have put them on several trucks. But for a all out build like the OPs, or when I was going for everything I could on my 00 truck, the fuellab and aero pumps just have a longer history of doing just that.

Not that the walbro can't supply that amount of fuel. Question is for how long? There's only $300 bucks difference max between them. Once again, all JMO.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I understand the reasoning on running one of the walbro pumps. I run one on my 97 and have put them on several trucks. But for a all out build like the OPs, or when I was going for everything I could on my 00 truck, the fuellab and aero pumps just have a longer history of doing just that.

Not that the walbro can't supply that amount of fuel. Question is for how long? There's only $300 bucks difference max between them. Once again, all JMO.
dual walbros would supply plenty as they outflow stockers and dual stockers are supposed to be able to flow enough fuel for any readily available injector. and you can get walbros off amazon for 90 bucks...

live life full throttle

02BigD

Reaction score
Know some people running walbros and have been trouble free, and couple have had challenges. My 02 has had an a1000 for 60k with no troubles, and it's pullin from a sump if that makes any difference.

co04cobra

Reaction score
dual walbros would supply plenty as they outflow stockers and dual stockers are supposed to be able to flow enough fuel for any readily available injector. and you can get walbros off amazon for 90 bucks...

live life full throttle

Right. Or I can buy a fuellab for $380, so now down to only $200 more then dual walbros, and have the simplicity of a single pump, that I feel will do everything the dual setup will, but with more reliability and longevity.

Once again, not arguing, just stating my opinion from running both.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Right. Or I can buy a fuellab for $380, so now down to only $200 more then dual walbros, and have the simplicity of a single pump, that I feel will do everything the dual setup will, but with more reliability and longevity.

Once again, not arguing, just stating my opinion from running both.
no prob man.. its all in what you prefer.. i didnt mind runing the extra wiring for the second pump.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
I text Jonathan on Monday and told him what was up. He is sending me a second pump. Should have it tomorrow or I guess this evening now since its so late. FedEx says the 24th. It won't take but a sec to hook it up. I sure hope that fixes the miss and I haven't hurt my injectors with low pressure.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I text Jonathan on Monday and told him what was up. He is sending me a second pump. Should have it tomorrow or I guess this evening now since its so late. FedEx says the 24th. It won't take but a sec to hook it up. I sure hope that fixes the miss and I haven't hurt my injectors with low pressure.
hou can hurt your injectors very easily if pressure falls below 17psi(?). at least i am pretty sure that is what cass told Johnathan when we where working on my dually before a live tune session a while back.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
It's never fallen that low that I have seen. But that one gauge was messed up so who knows what it did while that thing lied to me. I guess I'll know this evening.

Arisley

Reaction score
I drove my truck once for over ten miles with between 5 and 10 lbs of pressure. Still OK. So it's not a given that they will be damaged, just a good possibility.

Reaction score
It would truly suck if they are. If I have to pull the injectors to be fixed I don't think they will be going back in with the 400% nozzle on them. It's becoming a pain to supply everything those things need fuel and oil wise. I'm Tired of my truck being parked all the time. Lol

Reaction score
Well I guess I should not assume things on my own. When I text Jonathan Monday and told him I was still dropping fuel pressure he never replied but a few hours later I got an email and a FedEx tracking number so I just assumed that what he was sending me was a second pump. But FedEx just left and he sent me a fuel line to use as my return since my factory line was gone. But I had already made my own. So no pump. Maybe he can get me one next week.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.