Truck Falls On Its Face.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I would try it with nothing attached to the inlet of the turbo. I suppose you could be collapsing the rubber intake boot, which would cut off the vacuum completely to your filter minder and not show a restriction on the gauge. It would be an easy test to run.

Ah didn't think of that. Definitely a possibility.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I would try it with nothing attached to the inlet of the turbo. I suppose you could be collapsing the rubber intake boot, which would cut off the vacuum completely to your filter minder and not show a restriction on the gauge. It would be an easy test to run.

Gold star for this member today.

sootie

Reaction score
i feel sorry for your turbo but im glad it was something that simple. You need a much better flowing filter. i bet you will notice a healthy bump in power on the top end too...

jngreen

Reaction score
Think its the filter or that the boot is too flimsy? Because the filter minder isn't pulling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet it's your filter causing it, but I would probably also replace the boot.

I can't take 100% credit for this, Swamps posted a video of this happening on a truck with a stock air box like a million years ago. I get credit for having a good memory is all.

Reaction score
A brand new Donaldson. I saw that video from Swamp's too! But I thought this was the last possible thing that would cause it haha.

joe d

Reaction score
Jst wondering how does that Donaldson flow comapared to a napa 6637 filter we all use.

gwunter

Reaction score
That's great you got it figured out!! Perhaps its time for some nice aluminum plumbing. I'm guessing your going to feel a good seat of the pants bump in power. Meanwhile I recently hit 45psi of boost in my 4bt expedition with hx30 turbo, after fixing an issue I'm not necessarily proud of this as I could have ruined the turbo, but non the less it felt like more power from the seat of the pants.

Reaction score
I would bet it's your filter causing it, but I would probably also replace the boot.

I can't take 100% credit for this, Swamps posted a video of this happening on a truck with a stock air box like a million years ago. I get credit for having a good memory is all.

Either way thank you! I've been scratching my head for too long!

Arisley

Reaction score

As soon as you mentioned it, I thought "bingo" I remembered that video also. Good call. I have been on all steel tubing with my Hypermax kit for so long I had forgotten all about that stock rubber tubing.

jngreen

Reaction score
Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to plumb it and what filter to run.

Someone mentioned in another thread that Irate makes a nice metal intake tube to replace that rubber boot.

I didn't realize that your filter is brand new. Your boot may just be weak.

joe d

Reaction score
Still uses a boot but its diffrent you cant crush it like that there is only about 1 inch of ruber that does not have steel in it..

Latest posts