Truck is bouncing after TC locks

Shipmate

Reaction score
well if you go back to stock rails let me know. I get a bad pressure spike as soon as I roll into the throttle. (29K plus) I would like to do ported rails.
On a side note I leave at the end of the month and the truck gets put on a ship next week I think. I am retiring from the Navy with 22 years and got a new Federal job in Guam. I will be there for 3 years then come back state side.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Well loaded the Spartan 300 tune today and it still bounces but not as bad. Never the less it still irritates the crap out of me that I have to tune my truck way down for it to act right

Shipmate

Reaction score
hummmm
1.Take off Fuel Cap.....
2. drive truck fwd 35 feet....
3. Drive new truck in old trucks spot....
4 Replace new truck fuel cap with old trucks cap.
LOL

Well I hope you get it figured out!

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Haha I hear ya man. I hope I get it figured out too. I am trying to make sense of why it is just after the TC locks and will smooth out about 57. So with the early lock it bounces from 47mph-57

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I pretty much have this issue narrowed down to the ported fuel rails. Its has something to do with the stock fuel pump and ported rail combo. I got an alignment yesterday and some traction bars on the way but like I said I dont think thats the issue here. I might try the fuel bowl delete to see if that fixes the issue once I get some extra funds. Until then still bouncing down the highway haha

dstryr

Reaction score
Read the thread in the aftermarket section about Gearhead tunes.... Everyone is saying that the issue is solved with the way Matt tunes the fuel...

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Yeah I heard that. I talked to Jeff at spartan about it and he has the same issue also. I think they are currently working on a fix. Thats good to know that the issue can be solved by tweaking the fueling

dstryr

Reaction score
Yeah I heard that. I talked to Jeff at spartan about it and he has the same issue also. I think they are currently working on a fix. Thats good to know that the issue can be solved by tweaking the fueling

What stage rails do you have? I'm having Stage II's put in based on a hunch that Tadd had about stock injector / HPFP trucks...

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
A little update on this issue. Pulled the ported rails and installed my stock fuel rails and a fresh HPFP. The issue is now gone! I finally have my drivability back:thumbsup:

Shipmate

Reaction score
Like a champ. Fixing to put shocks and icon coil springs on her. Roads are ruff as hell over here.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
That should be a nice upgrade over the 2.5" spacers. I bet there will be big diffrence in ride quality. How many miles you got on the truck now?

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Damn! Do you drive it once a week down the road and back or something hahaha. It had 38K when I sold it to you. I dont put many miles on mine either though. About 800 miles a month if that

oilboy

Reaction score
hey guys sorry to bring back a old thread but my truck does almost the same thing but on the spartan 210 and only when im pulling my 5er,
are you guys noticing the torque slip jumping at the same time? mine will jump up and down when i hit a slight incline, but only at surtain speeds (55-60mph) if it starts doing it i can roll onto the throttle and it stops, i thought my tc was goin out but now im going to have to start looking at my r/p
thanks
matt

Phiber Optik

Reaction score
I have a similar issue when at 50% throttle or more, (stock rails, convertor and hpfp, 105k mi) i'm wondering if my hpfp isn't able to keep up... or if it is convertor related, I wonder if the RCD convertor would help?

Latest posts

Members online