Truck is running rough

JD3020

Reaction score
Start off by saying this isn't my truck, its a buddy's. I believe it is a 96, auto. Mods are PHP tunes and its straightpiped, everything else is stock.

A couple weeks ago he had it in lope, for whatever reason, and it stalled on him. When he fired it back up it had a slight miss but still ran decent. It got progressively worse so he threw it on a scanner. No codes, buzzed fine, but the CCT showed #2 weak. It eventually got to the point that he could barely drive it. I had Nate check out my stock injectors and we threw a good one in. It changed a little but not much. Tonight i ruled the IDM out, and we threw the chip on it just to see if it'd do anything. It fired up and seemed to idle a little smoother, and when we backed it out of the barn it ran halfway decent. Put it in drive and got on the road, and it ran like ****. He's gonna try to scan it again tomorrow, and he's gonna talk to the guys at PHP and Nate at unlimited to see if they have any ideas, but i figured i'd ask on here.

Also, he said it was running great, he put it in lope, it stalled, and then had a miss.

My next guess would be IPR. But its something i haven't messed with yet. Is it possible that it somehow vibrated the nut loose, and it just kept getting looser and looser causing the issues?

JD3020

Reaction score
I've been busy with 4-h and our county fair so i never had time to work on it. He ended up taking it to some shop and they determined it was the fuel pump. I never suspected it because there was no leak and it went downhill quick. But my buddy got a new pump for $120 and he said its running better than ever.

Latest posts

Members online