Truck ran up to 4800 rpm and hit limiter today

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
So I was on my way to lunch and I floored it from a light to try to get past a douchebag and went through 1st and 2nd fine hit third and ran it out and I thought it was weird it didn't shift yet so I looked down and it was turning 4800rpms and then hit a rev limiter and I let off and it shifted and was fine. Truck runs fine still so luckily I didn't break anything in the valvetrain. Truck drove and shifted fine afterwards so i don't know if maybe it was just a hiccup in the tune or what.
Innovative xtreme street tune
Studded and egr deleted, stock turbo and injectors.
Any insight appreciated

01PSD

Reaction score
Not exactly the same... But my bro's throttle will hang for 1-2 seconds after letting off. Asked Eric about this and he said there was nothing he could do. Revved it by hand one time and it hung for a split second on the limiter.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Is the limiter normally that high? I thought on my SCT my limits were set to like 4250 or something in that area?

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
I know I didn't hurt anything this time. But I want to know why it held in gear till it hit 4800. It should have shifted. It always shifts in the 3800-4000 range when WOT.

Zmann

Reaction score
4800 is way past the stock value

I have to put mine at WOT and Bump off the Rev limiter for emissions

it's just over 4k

then when I retune I bump it up a little

Zmann

Reaction score
Rev limiter de fuels so for it to rev 800 rpm past
would take more than a missed shift ( so to speak) IMHO

Latest posts

Members online