Truck Running Rough

07stroker

Reaction score
I came home last night and the truck was running just fine. This morning I started it and it sounded like it was only running on 6 or 7 cylinders (Obviously it was shaking badly and running poorly). I allowed the truck to warm up a little and it didn't clear up.

I checked for codes and found none (With scan gauge and SCT). I also checked all the fluids and visually inspected around the engine looking for anything obvious...found nothing. The truck was just completely service last weekend @ 111,000 miles. I then drained the fuel water separator to see if it possible was bad fuel and found a little debris/water but nothing to serious to warrant this.

After checking all of this i took it for a short drive to see if it would clear up and it didn't.

The only thing that seems remotely out of place is the FICM voltage...The FICM on the truck is a swamps 58V tuned model and lately (Within the last month) the voltage has been creeping down on cold start ups to around 52 volts then it recovers to 58 volts once the truck begins to warm. Also during these start ups I have been getting a small puff of black smoke followed by a 15-30 second stream of white smoke dependent upon how cold it is. This same scenario held true this morning when I started the truck...

It seem to me the issue here is probably either the FICM (Swamps is closed till Monday so I cant talk to them) or it is an injector issue which seems odd to me because the truck ran flawlessly yesterday evening.

Sorry for the book here, I'm just not sure which direction to head....Any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.