Truck shut off

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Leaving a stop sign, whole truck shuddered, then there was a small popping sound. The truck shut off. Got underneath and there is oil, looks like it is coming out from around the pan near the starter. Truck has around 130000 miles.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Not right now, computer with AE is broken. Calling to see if my cousins mechanic has something he can stop by with to pull codes.

Update, Steady stream of oil (instead of a drip) coming out around rear corner of pan/block near starter. Can't get a mirror in there to see if there are any holes there. Also no more coolant in degas bottle, so I think its draining into the block

Strokersace

Reaction score
What happened with this?

Looking at a '10 right now that the guy says did something similar when driving down the road pulling his trailer. Said it kind of lurched as it made a sound and died. Had fluid under the truck and wouldn't restart. He wasn't sure if it was fuel or oil or water or what it was. Claims it needs a new motor.

Searching for ideas on possible causes.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Threw a rod out of the back of the block behind the bell housing and bent another rod. MPD tore it down and said it ended up being a Jasper reman. Didn't show on Oasis or car fax that it was even replaced

Strokersace

Reaction score
Threw a rod out of the back of the block behind the bell housing and bent another rod. MPD tore it down and said it ended up being a Jasper reman. Didn't show on Oasis or car fax that it was even replaced

Dang, bum deal man. So the motor was a jasper reman? I guess I've only heard about their transmissions.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Truck I'm looking at has a clean oasis and carfax as well. It's been sitting for several months since it happened. I'm heading to crawl under it tonight. Hopefully I can see something a bit closer.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I think the first owner had the motor go and replaced it with the Jasper, cause he traded it in with 112,000 on the clock to a chevy dealer on a new duramax. So it only had 18,000 miles on it when it went, no warning at all

Latest posts

Members online