Truck under powered and shaking

ghohouston

Reaction score
6 will be next. i'd be checking fuel pressure and ficm voltage. if one or both of them are lower than they should be, it will be killing your injectors.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Prolly. Ficm is easy fix. I'd rather have that. I could be losing hpop pressure too. Not enough feeding injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Happend again. Not out of diesel. It happens at 1/4 tank or just below it. Fill it up its ok. These something else that's going on. Could the ficm be going out?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Its really not bad at all. Drive your truck to the lowest point of fuel you can, in your case, 1/2 tank lol. Drain the rest if you can, if not, have a friend help you drop it. There should only be 2 straps that hold it on iirc. Its pretty self explanitory. MUCH easier than removing the bed

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Not bad. I can do that. I've went to ford (bad mistake) to ask how much a new sending unit was. Since it's an assembly with the fuel pump it's around 500-800 bucks. Oriellys has them for 460+ (depending on tank location). I'm about to look at rockauto.com and see what I can't find there.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Ask sunrise ford. Great prices and fast shipping. They are a sponsor and have a few threads. Jim is the man down there.

Latest posts