truck wont crank

08TT

Reaction score
I went out to start the truck this morning and nothing happenend. I think the seatbelt light and truck lock looking light came on. The interior lights were flickering a bit. I looked up the codes on the h&s and the first was P0381- glow plug/heater and P1260 Theft Detected/ Engine Disabled. I deleted the codes and tried again another code came up and it was P0579 Cruise Control Multifunction. I know this happened one time before when I was on deployment and my buddy deleted the codes and it started up again after 15 minutes. Anybody have any advice on what to do? The glow plug light doesn't come up at all.

08TT

Reaction score
tried that and it didnt do anything. I did just trying turning the key over and it just clicks. Maybe battery(s) dead?

78f100

Reaction score
Wire located just below the ground wire on the pass inner fender. Unplug it and touch it to the hot post on the battery it will crank if the battery is up. You will have to fish it out to get slack or use a jumper. After you crank it it should be fine and crank by the key, mine has done it twice. here is a pic see arrow
1355605291161_zpsdfe09a32.jpg

08TT

Reaction score
I just got a charger and hooked it up and the interior lights were all brighter and it started right up. I unplugged the charger, and started the truck back up and it read 12 volts. Anybody recommend a good couple batteries? Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online