Truck won't start

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Yep it's one those threads here. Turn key on wait light comes on but never goes off with relay number 2 under the hood going nuts. Truck will turn over but no fire. Pulled all plugs out fuel bowl canister to see if it would stop but doesn't also pulled all 4 plugs off glow plug harness on valve cover, that doesn't work changed relay out that doesn't work. RPM's do move when turning over so CPS is still good. So what's next on list to try? :walkin:

Reaction score
Only time I saw the #2 relay do that was when a battery went bad (internal short). Truck cranked but no start. Check both batteries with the cable disconnected from both. Cheers!

chowy12

Reaction score
I was thinking that myself on the IPR at same time was thinking something wrong with batteries too. So my guesstimate was right.

open your intake and with a friend try very very lightly spraying starting fluid or ether in the intake while turning it over.. it should fire but barely run. then its the IPR im sure

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have seen this when the batterys are not putting out enough volts to start. It ended up just being a bad battery connection. cleaned the terminals and it started right up.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Can you borrow someone's IPR to put on your truck? Just to test it.

I'm about to test it with IPR I got out my other truck to see what happens. As for the battery portion, isn't that cause I used my car to jump it off and still no start or white smoke.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Have to say this all started after I put 1.0 turbine housing on a WW2 4 inch exhaust TS 6 position chip aFe intake a EBPV delete pedestal with EBPV deleted, I think I covered all my work. Already took the TS off to see if it was on wrong but didn't help.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Alright I believe the PCM is fried cause it goes in loop on trying to return it to stock with Edge tuner, goes through with process then says error lost connection. After I retry it does same thing again, doesn't give a option of backing out the reprogramming, though the WTS light doesn't go nuts when its reprogramming.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Went from trying to crank with one battery at time to trying both batteries, no voltage difference in the two to hours later now saying 9 volts in one and 12.48 in other guess that is the whole reason for chasing down electrical bugs. To be continued tomorrow :biggun::cursing::pint::blitzed:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I would get the batterys fully charged and all the connections clean before moving on.

When unhooking the EBPV did you on accident unhook the connector going under the fuel bowl? That will keep it from starting.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Nope sure didn't as I have taken fuel bowl out and put it back in since then when I took the IPR out to clean it up. When I took the EBPV out that means I went the whole 9 yards and deleted it, put new pedestal in that doesn't have the actuator and put a resistor in the plug that sent the signal to it.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Dear Edge Tuners,
I would like to take this moment to reflect on how great your products are as this whole thread was started cause of them and continued it on this long.So in short I am saying GO FUQ YOURSELVES :postwhore2: and have wonderful god blessed day. As for those who pulled together and tried helping me on this forum I appreciate the gratitude and hard work, it's people like you that keep trucks on the road, not stealerships.
Spud Monkey

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.