Truck won't turn over...

50_shooter

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue? Running fine, shut it off, went to start it 5 minutes later and it won't crank. No codes, no noises, dash runs through its normal procedure, glow plug light comes on, it just does nothing when you turn key to start it. Tried it in park and neutral, same thing...

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Do you live on a rough dirt road...could a ground wire have come lose somewhere? Have you tested the batteries' voltage? How many miles are on the truck? 6.7 right? What trim package? If a higher level package, do you have a lot of electrical add ons...big ass light bars...HID headlamps....CB Radio with a lot of output, like > 1kw? Any flickering in your lights or gauges?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I would put money on the batteries. Seems to be a more regular issue as these trucks age.

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Yes, rough roads. I will check batteries, but have never had any issues. 65k miles. No electrical add ons.
Right on, eager to learn what they read.
I would put money on the batteries. Seems to be a more regular issue as these trucks age.
Agreed, I guess the truck's features/systems maybe just pull a whole lot from the batteries. *shrug* Just got a thought... I wonder if the battery issues, which seem to happen sooner that expected, only happen on single alternator trucks vs dual alternator ones. If so, I wonder if it would pay to add the second if ya start with only one. I would think that would be at least partially dependant on what trim package/accessories ya have. 🤔 Idk, I'm pretty tired. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. But, it makes sense, at least right now lol.

Profuzz

Reaction score
IIRC others have had issues with a main harness plug near the e brake ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Fired right up this morning, so it's an intermittent issue.
Man, I hate intermittent issues, mainly cause I like to fix any issue quickly...dang OCD lol.
IIRC others have had issues with a main harness plug near the e brake ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow, that's good to know...just incase

Latest posts

Members online