Truck you guys built..

SevenThree

Reaction score
My friend is looking to buy this truck and was told it was built by BDP, was wondering if you know anything about it that might sway him from buying it(or sway him to buy it). He asked me to inquire just to be safe. Thanks!!!

http://www.trucksintexas.com/vehicle/3545236/1999-Ford-Super-Duty-F-250-LARIAT-6-7L-CUMMINS-DIESEL-4X4-San-Antonio-Texas-78217

3545236_858f722f-1b28-4aa3-ad7f-37c71a35e3d0.jpg

Bean

Reaction score
Thats Nathan Collins truck, 6.7 Cummins with a BTS. We didnt "build" it persay. We helped Nathan along the way to build it though and we did the wirring for the swap and tunes for the trans. We also made stuff like IC pipes and mounted remote oil cooler and a few other odd things. Nathan used the machine shop we used and we sold him most of the parts for the build including billet rods and our 66mm charger thats really setup for our atmosphere charger to be added as well but he sold it before he did the twins. Its a nice truck and runs good, not sure why he sold it but he got a wild hair and wanted a newer truck all of a sudden.

BigTxDually

Reaction score
Im the friend looking at buying the truck and was just able to get on here. What charger need to go with it to be a good compound setup, because if I get it it's the first thing I was thinking of doing to it. I'm just wanting this truck to use as a good daily drive with some pep in it mi already have a 2011 that I don't feel like tearing up anymore for work and my other diesel is already over 700hp. So even though it sounds to be built to make some big power it sounds more to me like a truck that can live very happy as a 500hp daily driver. This is what is written as a description that they say was given by the previous owner. Just want to know how correct this sounds to your knowledge.

We got the following info*from the previous owner and while we believe it to be correct, we have no way of verifying it.*"It has a*2008 6.7 cummins with a bts 4r100 with all billet internals*and the engine and trans has 2000 miles on it.*The transmission is fully built from a place called "Brians Truck Shop" or BTS transmission. He replaced every shaft in the transmission using billet shafts and upgraded all the clutches. It has a bullet proof torque converter and an aluminum pan. The transmission is controlled by a stand alone PCS controller that is found under the dash. The transmission is built to handle a 1000 plus horsepower. There's front and rear ranchhand bumpers, 6 in deaver lift, brand new 35 in nitto trail grapplers on 20x10 mazzi hulks, air bags with onboard air, traction bars, dana 80 rear with billet axles and detroit locker, custom driveshafts, leather interior, complete sterio system using kenwood sony and memphis products, all autometer gauges, 2007 harley grill and head lights with hid bulbs and ballasts from retro solutions, 2008 tailgate, rhino lining bed liner with b&w gooseneck hitch. Front end has brand new bearings and brand new moog ball joints. The engine has been built from the bottom up. Fully balanced and blueprinted. Gorilla girdle, carillo billet rods, coated pistons, 12 mm h 11 main studs and 14mm h 11 head studs, haisley fire ringed the block and head, bill fletcher cam, coolant bypass from wicked diesel, modified rail and relief valve from t&c diesel, full competition head from zz fab with a hellmann intake manifold, monster hellmann intercooler, 150% over injectors from exergy, rocker studs, ati damper, evil twin dual cp3 pumps, airdog 2, pdi exhaust manifold, beans diesel 66mm turbo, brand new nx nitrous 2 stage kit still in the box, dual red top batterys, all stainless plumbing, 4 in. to 8 in. stack and much more. All this was put in by beans diesel performance so you know its top of the line."

Thank you for any and all help. It's kinda between this truck or possibly a 6.4Stroker

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I know Nathan, and I don't have a clue why he's sellin that truck either.

It was a really nice truck when it still had the 7.3 in it, and it's gotten nicer since.

Didn't see any mention of the rear end, but he had a dually rear (not sure which, from what model truck) trimmed to the same wheelbase as the OE and put that under the back.

All the steel work on, bars, headache rack, some tweaks to the bumpers, etc, was done by another guy here that has an 02 with a 5.9 CR. Something in the water I guess.

I actually have Nathans old bars on my truck.

That's a super nice truck, and better taken care of than some peoples kids.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Engines an 08 I think. Can't remember if he bought a complete package for the swap or not though.

BDP Sales

Reaction score
That truck is awesome!!

If you're wanting to put a second charger in the mix, I would recommend our s488 to put under it. With the right tuning and secondary it should be 1000+hp capable.

He was actually planning on taking it to the Diesel Power Challenge but traded it for a 6.4L truck

and FWIW, when he had it for sale on COMPD a couple months ago it was $20k higher.

SevenThree

Reaction score
Thanks! JD, if you were gonna post yourself then why the eff did you text me at 6 am this morning?!?!?! lmao.

BigTxDually

Reaction score
Yeah with a 488 it would definatly be a monster. I saw it on compd and then read the same description for this truck just an hour away and thought someone may have just coppiced and pasted a description to make it sound better. That dealer can be a little shady every now and then and it just seemed like too good of a deal. I think I'm going to call them here in a few hours and see if they still have it and see what kind of deal I can work on it.

BigTxDually

Reaction score
Thanks! JD, if you were gonna post yourself then why the eff did you text me at 6 am this morning?!?!?! lmao.

Because I was at work where I didn't have any internet connection. Plus I honestly didn't think of posting on here at 4 am when I found this truck. Also what happened to you always being up around 5-6 to go to the gym? You slacking off on that right now? THANK YOU SO MUCH KENDAL!!!!!!

Last edited:

SevenThree

Reaction score
Because I was at work where I didn't have any internet connection. Plus I honestly didn't think of posting on here at 4 am when I found this truck. Also what happened to you always being up around 5-6 to go to the gym? You slacking off on that right now? THANK YOU SO MUCH KENDAL!!!!!!

I was up douchebag. I don't get a surplus of texts at that hour.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

Bean

Reaction score
I have a combo that I have set up in the past with the 66 thats on there now and a 88mm charger that we build. I had it on an 05 that I used to have and made 1030hp smoke free and spooled up faster then a 62 over a 75 setup. We can build all the piping for it as well, the IC pipe is already done up so that it could be reused in the twin setup.

Latest posts

Members online