trucks at martys... again

97stoker350

Reaction score
so i had all the work done in my sig at martys diesel last year. about a week before i picked it up it developed a miss at high speed and high rpm under a heavy load. figured it was a cps. so i got the truck put a new one in and it still did it. finally got a different oil pump recently to try out. still didnt fix the issue. so i took it back to martys for him to look at. so far he has tried reburning the chip and swapping idm's. neither has fixed the issue. the truck has to be hot, and under a heavy load in a high gear at high rpms for the miss to occur. him nor i have no idea what could be causing this. any help would be awesome. thanks

mandkole

Reaction score
how high of rpm? ( I would assume high boost pressure as well.) The truck runs great until that point? Have you datalogged in these conditions?

mattman347

Reaction score
Install one. My truck cut out at high RPM and acted like a shudder. Put on a boost fooler and problem was fixed. Just something to try...

Swaan

Reaction score
You need a fooler on the line going to the map sensor. Put a regulator on there so the map sensor only sees 25 psi of boost max. My 97 would fall on its face at high boost high rpm. This fixed it.

mandkole

Reaction score
its not falling on its face, its breaking up (as I understand it from the original description). Its one or two cylinders getting pissed off... My thought was a valve being held open, bent, etc. but, if that was it, it should do it earlier.

Swaan

Reaction score
Yup that's what mine did. Just try what I said. It's just like you shut the key off for a split second.
Two words. Boost fooler!

always-strokin

Reaction score
OP who's tunes are you running and how old are they? Most good tuners will be able to tune an OBS (and maybe even an SD) to not need a fooler

Marty

Reaction score
This is the first obs I have had to put a fooler on. Fwiw I also changed chips at the same time so the fooler may not be the fix. The original chip was having issues that only 1 or 2 positions on the chip even made a difference.

Todd you can come pickup the truck after the holiday, wednesday works.

Latest posts

Members online