Trucks being stolen.

Extended Power

Reaction score
You guys with the number pads on the drivers door.
Can these be added to the older trucks?
Then just get rid of the door locks all together.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if you have keyless entry yes, it programs just like a keyless remote.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
On most of the trucks that are being stolen, where are they being targeted?
At home, appt, malls, work, running inside a store,etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Layson

Reaction score
One thing for those who have somewhat heavily modified trucks. You can get them appraised by a registered guy and get your insurance setup for the value of your vehicle with mods. I have mine through Progressive and it is setup for a replacement value of your vehicle. It is definitely worth it. That way if anything happens to it, even an accident at least you have a fighting chance to get some of your mod money out of it.

Extended Power

Reaction score
One thing for those who have somewhat heavily modified trucks. You can get them appraised by a registered guy and get your insurance setup for the value of your vehicle with mods. I have mine through Progressive and it is setup for a replacement value of your vehicle. It is definitely worth it. That way if anything happens to it, even an accident at least you have a fighting chance to get some of your mod money out of it.

That's what I have to do now before my insurance company will insure me again.

Extended Power

Reaction score
LOL

Chain the truck to a pole.

There were no less then 6 different sized bolt cutters found inside my truck...a chain isn't gonna stop em.

On most of the trucks that are being stolen, where are they being targeted?
At home, appt, malls, work, running inside a store,etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

At malls, these guys usually have another guy inside the mall, standing by a window. Cell phones used to say when and what vehicle to hit, and when to get out.

At airports...they got all he time in the world.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
there site is lame I hope their product is better ?

my truck has been broken into 3 times since I've had it and it hasn't been taken yet. i think my local club had a group buy setup through them but i can't remember. just call em.

Chucky1313

Reaction score
Sorta John, issue I'm finding to is a buddy just picked up a stolen truck and they got up into the drive fender well I'm guess looking for something at the main computer. Ill be going to Miami for Quick Tricks open house and will be talking to Viv n Rene about a few ideas.

Miami? As in Miami ,fl ? When and where we never got diesel truck events when and where I'm there

Snake

Reaction score
Sorta John, issue I'm finding to is a buddy just picked up a stolen truck and they got up into the drive fender well I'm guess looking for something at the main computer. Ill be going to Miami for Quick Tricks open house and will be talking to Viv n Rene about a few ideas.

Just so happens that the only authorized Ravelco installer in FL is in Miami. Might be worth the time to speak with him and hear what he has to say.

Snake

Reaction score
LOL LOL LOL

I was directing that at the rest of the folks who are going to be there. I may try to make it down. It's been too long since I've seen Vivian, and it'd be great to meet some of the members from here.

Charles

Reaction score
Seems like an interrupt to the IPR on a Heui truck, or the FPR on a CR truck with a toggle under the seat, or somewhere hidden would be enough deterrent for 99% of people that got far enough to spin the motor over.

If I was to plan on stealing a superduty, I would have a chassis harness pre-wired, in a backpack with a small battery to power it that I simply plugged into the factory engine harness. Then EVERYthing you did to the TRUCK, wouldn't mean jack sh*t.

There are many ways around all things you could do to the truck, so I wouldn't waste a bunch of money there. Either interrupt the IPR or something simple or don't waste any time on anything more complex.

The rollback wins that game anyway.

And you people talking about fuel pumps.... many trucks will fire up and drive around without the damn thing on at all...

Snake

Reaction score
Charles, I agree wholeheartedly with enough thought no Superduty will be 100% theft proof. And also that a rollback will take care of business almost without exception. That being said, if I was stealing cars and was having trouble getting a Superduty started, I'd just go to the next house, the next block, or the next neighborhood. There are so many unprotected Superduty's out there that it doesn't make sense to fight a single truck, unless that particular truck is really worth it for some reason. You and I both know that a semi-experienced car thief could steal an unprotected Superduty in 20 seconds or less.

On edit - I nearly missed your comment about the fuel pump, and I agree 100%

Extended Power

Reaction score
Bumpin this back up.

At one point, I had the stainless steel door handle covers. I put them on the outside of the handle part, and kept the latch uncovered. (King Ranch color matched)
Only reason I did it, was because the wife's fingernails were scratching the paint on the handle.
Now I see that some kits are available without the key hole in them. But, 99% of the kits now are all plastic, instead of stainless steel.

I really would like to get the whole door handle and latch made from metal...

I will not be getting the key re installed on the passenger side door handle either. This will save me over $500.00 in repairs if it ever happens again. (no key lock to pop.)

Thinking of installing a starter disable switch. (kill the live wire going to the starter altogether)

And also gonna design a wrap around lock for the steering column. Use a padlock, but you won't be able to cut it, as it will be fully covered except for the key end.

Probably buy "the club" just so they can see they can't just get in and go.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.