Ts 6 pos chip

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
I installed a 6 pos ts performance chip in my 95 7.3. Now it smokes like a damn cummins Rollin coal unless its in the stock or high idle setting. The tunes were stock, high idle, 50 hp, 75 hp, 100 hp, 140+ hp. Any ideas on what I need to do. We deleted the cat and are running through the muffler with the stock air cleaner and stock injectors, no other mods but the chip and converter delete.

bruce

Reaction score
your air filter might be crazy dirty, you could have sever boost or up pipe leaks. 95's on have 90cc injectors so you have to be lacking in air bad to make them smoke

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Brand new air cleaner but it is the stock air box. Maybe I need to open that ip and it will help. The reason for the chip is that I hooked up to a gooseneck with 4600 lbs on it and it knocked the truck in the dirt. I couldn't get over 50 at wot.

bruce

Reaction score
do you have gauges to monitor egt? it would be nice to see icp and fuel pressure as well

Arisley

Reaction score
Brand new air cleaner but it is the stock air box. Maybe I need to open that ip and it will help. The reason for the chip is that I hooked up to a gooseneck with 4600 lbs on it and it knocked the truck in the dirt. I couldn't get over 50 at wot.

You have air issues for sure.

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Ok the air cleaner has been changed and we checked for any leaks. It's not smoking until the switch is in the 140+ spot. The turbo is making 21lbs of boost and it still won't pull over 55-60 and the stock temp gauge is right up against the high side of the normal range. This truck runs like a scalded dog with no power issues when not pulling a trailer so I figured pulling a 26' gooseneck and a container weighing 4600 lbs I shouldn't even feel it. HHELp!! Lol

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
turbo seems healthy for that amount of boost.. truck shouldn't be hurting at that weight at all. wont be a race car by any means but shouldn't struggle to make it to 50. Hows your intake boot? is it the black or orange boot. whats the boost like with the trailer and one more thing. can you take a peak in at the turbo wheel and see what condition its in?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Also by the HP settings it sounds like its just a basic TS chip and them things barley pull any power from these motors. Maybe you can take a look into a real tuner like gearhead or PHP or what have you. Give your map line a look over as well.

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
The turbo wheel looks ok from what we can see without just tearing everything apart. It has the black boots. I figured even stock this thing should pull that amount of weight. I mean its a frickin 1 ton what would you use it for if it couldn't pull a basically empty trailer?

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
The boost seems to fall off when it shifts into overdrive. We don't have a gauge in the truck but it just quits pulling. You can hear the whine of the turbo until it hits 50 then falls off.

02BigD

Reaction score
Really need to get a computer on it...

What's ICP doing?
Duty cycle?
Are the injectors ok?

There are way too many variables with these trucks to simply throw darts in the dark.

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Great. I was hoping to avoid that I'm moving next week and it just baffles me that it runs so strong empty. I am gonna have to do some checking and see if anyone around here can put a computer on it.

Latest posts

Members online