tube bender

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on a tube bender? Going to be bending up to 1 3/4'' .120 tube

Just a few ones Im looking at.

pro3 hydraulic

JD squared model 3

any input?

thanks guys!

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I have the Model 3.
No complaints at all. Bent plenty of 1-3/4" .095" and .120"
Doesn't neck down the bends like a lot of other comparably priced benders I've used.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Hydraulic is always nice if you are doing a lot of bending. I don't have any experience with probender products though.
The model 32 from JD^2 is priced roughly the same as the pro3.

ford rules

Reaction score
This is the bender I have. http://www.pro-tools.com/mb105-heavy-duty-bender.aspx
Ive done my cage on my ranger with it and i have about 300' of tube in the cage, i like it and have had no issues dosent kink or distort the tube. I would go hydraulic if i were you. I plan on getting a air over hydraulic ram and mounting it on mine. Bending 1 3/4'' 120 wall dom isnt that fun.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
im going to be building a cage on a stock full baja truck so it will be on the larger size. not sure the rules yet but Im sure with something like that a manual bender would get old quick

ford rules

Reaction score
Check out swag off-road also the have some air over hyd setups you can add onto benders. I'd deffinatley go hyd if you can.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have had a few and like the Pro tools HD 105 the best. Swag offroad has a Ram mount for about $100 I believe and if You get it on sale you can get the air over hydro ram from Harbor frieght for about $50. Best set up for the money if you ask me.

I've built three of these rigs with it. No issues so far. Keep you material clean and oiled and the dies will last a long time
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Ipkyss/08 Ford F-250/IMAG0032.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
thanks for the info! what do you oil the dies with?

Im waiting on my Score international rule book to get in to order it so I know what dies to get.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I hit the face of the die with wd40 lightly before each bend. Helps remove the tube from new dies too.

zilla68

Reaction score
have you looked on racing junk or racedezert.com for a good used one?

might hit up Yoshi at sinistar sand sports in broken arrow, he might know of one or have one for sale.

Binder man

Reaction score
I like the JD squared benders. If your bending DOM get a hydraulic, air/hydraulic for sure, If your just doing HREW I wouldn't sweat it, but .120 wall 1 3/4" is all my 300 lb buddy that is in shape can bend without a huge cheater pipe.

ken6881

Reaction score
I use a model 3 as well. Works great doesn't kink tubing like some I have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lc tpi

Reaction score
i also have a jd bender . ive had it for 14 years. just like they have talked about clean tubing and lubricant will make them last. before they used aluminum pillow block they were steel and once you gall them they are a bi**h to fix. . i set mine up with hydraulic. bent many cages sliders nerfbars bumpers you name it . you will find you have more freinds when you have nice tools.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I think im getting the JD2 bender. talked to a buddy who has one and we are going to set it up with hydraulic. he said air over hydraulic isnt worth my time.

Latest posts

Members online