tuned 6.7 low boost issue

lazlow

Reaction score
Running H&S tuning for a while on truck and it is now lacking boost with no codes or warning lights and will only spool up to 10lbs. Idles ok but with a KEOR test on a scanner it fails and stalls with decrease in idle speed as the problem. After the stall it sometimes has an extended crank to start. No smoke or strange smells. During a test drive the scanner shows it is building good rail pressure driving. I feel that maybe the pressure regulator on the rail is not letting the injectors hold pressure? Here is a screen cap of the fuel PIDs at idle. THe fuel balancing quantity looks way off and a cylinder contribution test shows normal. Not sure where to go from here so if anyone has any suggestions i appreciate it.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 84

Wildman

Reaction score
You mentioned a KOER Self Test...are you using IDS for testing?

If so, run the low pressure and high pressure fuel system tests. That will tell you which system the issue is occurring in.

lazlow

Reaction score
Well turns out the air filter was a cheaper cold air box and the filter had collapsed and was blocking it. That in turn caused low boost but not before also burning up the turbo... Weird these dont have a filter minder and those fuel PIDs threw me off, So now the truck has a 2015 turbo on it using parts from the ford dealer and everything runs as it should.

Latest posts

Members online