Tuners

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
H&S and spartan are tuners. SPE is Snyder performance engineering and you can get files from them to run on an H&S.

As far as the difference between the 2 its split from what I've seen. Some guys like the H&S shift on the fly and some prefer spartan for laying down a couple more ponies. I have heard that shifting with spartan is rough.

I've decided on getting an H&S in the near future after what I've seen, heard and read about the 2. I'm sure other guys will post up about their personal experiences and preferences.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Ford_tough

Reaction score
I have the spartan & run the 200 tune & I love it. It runs great but I may be dreading buying the spartan cause I want to get spe new drop in turbo replacement & asked spartan if they could make me a tune for it or if I'd be okay running their tune but they won't give me a direct yes or no answer. They keep saying to replace it with a factory one & keep my warranty but I'd rather replace it with a non problematic turbo & keep it out of the shop than put another time bomb on it & always have to worry about when it's times up.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the spartan & run the 200 tune & I love it. It runs great but I may be dreading buying the spartan cause I want to get spe new drop in turbo replacement & asked spartan if they could make me a tune for it or if I'd be okay running their tune but they won't give me a direct yes or no answer. They keep saying to replace it with a factory one & keep my warranty but I'd rather replace it with a non problematic turbo & keep it out of the shop than put another time bomb on it & always have to worry about when it's times up.

i have to agree with replacing it to a non vgt , reliability for noth turbo and engine are much more with back pressure way down. spoolup may suffer a bit, but thats a small price to pay IMO !

Ford_tough

Reaction score
i have to agree with replacing it to a non vgt , reliability for noth turbo and engine are much more with back pressure way down. spoolup may suffer a bit, but thats a small price to pay IMO !

I agree with you 100 percent! & that's what I told them & that I've read a couple times that it could make the rods last longer but they still insisted that I keep the time bomb or I'd throw a rod so I just gave up lol. I don't care for more power, just to have peace of mind really.

Bgrish

Reaction score
I have an H&S with the SPE hot tune on my 2011 and its great. I recently purchased the spartan tuner to compare it, spartan told me that it would work with my mods no problem however they didn't mention that my check engine light would be on because their tune wouldn't work properly with my sinister egr delete! So after calling spartan about the issue for several weeks and asking that the owner return my call, they refused to refund my money stating the tuner works fine it's just the delete you used and you could "fix" the delete yourself or buy another part for $120 more dollars!! I finally had to contest the charges through my bank!! They probably have a decent product BUT their customer service especially after the sell is VERY lacking. H&S has always been very helpful when I call, that means a lot to me!

Ford_tough

Reaction score
I hear alot of ppl having engine lights with the spartan cause of the egr delete but I have never had an engine light & have done the block off plates & EGT probe & I haven't had a light yet. I wonder why mine is different than others cause I too was told if I didn't buy a SDP kit that I'd have a light & I have yet to install the rest of the kit, just the block off plates. & I paid 1290 for my spartan with the warhammer tune

Reaction score
I hear alot of ppl having engine lights with the spartan cause of the egr delete but I have never had an engine light & have done the block off plates & EGT probe & I haven't had a light yet. I wonder why mine is different than others cause I too was told if I didn't buy a SDP kit that I'd have a light & I have yet to install the rest of the kit, just the block off plates. & I paid 1290 for my spartan with the warhammer tune

that is part true, the part that makes our egr delete kit not throw a check engine light when using a spartan is using our "coolant tube kit" witch is designed to work with any companys egr delete kit as well as ours, so if u happen to have a delete installed already the coolant tube kit will still work

http://shop.streetdieselperformance.com/Coolant-tube-kit-2011-2012-Ford-67-67coolanttube.htm

Attachments

• 67%20coolant%20tube%20kit.jpg
    67%20coolant%20tube%20kit.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 58

Ford_tough

Reaction score
that is part true, the part that makes our egr delete kit not throw a check engine light when using a spartan is using our "coolant tube kit" witch is designed to work with any companys egr delete kit as well as ours, so if u happen to have a delete installed already the coolant tube kit will still work

http://shop.streetdieselperformance.com/Coolant-tube-kit-2011-2012-Ford-67-67coolanttube.htm

oh I see now. I thought by doing just the block off plates I would have a engine light come on. I bought the whole egr delete from sean but just did the block off plates for now and haven't had time to put the rest of it on.

Reaction score
oh I see now. I thought by doing just the block off plates I would have a engine light come on. I bought the whole egr delete from sean but just did the block off plates for now and haven't had time to put the rest of it on.

u only need the coolant tube kit, when running a spartan to have no lights, but good to hear sean got u all set up :redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.