Tunes

yeehaw

Reaction score
Is anyone that is running Doug's tunes worried about the trans pressures being too high? Just asking based on what NADP said about his tuning. I have everyones tunes and to me TSD tuned my powermax the best.

i have about 10k miles or so on Dougs race tune (stock lock up) and it shifts fine and never slips, the fluid still looks perfect and smells nice

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I run the Looney Wild from Vivian at Quick Tricks as my DD. It's very responsive and fast. It does smoke at WOT. Also if you're at say 55mph and roll into the throttle with the converter locked it will smoke. Still gets me the best fuel mileage of any of my tunes.

When I tow up to around 4k I run Eric's street tune (not the X street). Anything over 4k I run Eric's Aggressive Tow. I've been very happy with the Innovative tunes while towing.

The Quick Tricks tunes just work best for me on a day to day basis. The shifting and manners are great for runnin' around town or highway driving with the family, but when power is needed...... hold on.

chappy

Reaction score
I have ran idp's extreme street,xrace,and agg tow and matts tow and srl+. I Have found that with erics tunes my trans would go retarded sometimes if I beat on it just a little. It would forget what gear it was in ect and the shifts were to high rpm for my liking especially when cold. Matts trans tuning seems perfect for me with lower rpm shifting when on it partial throttle and less smokey. Power wise though the srl+ doesn't feel as strong as the xrace but is right up there with xstreet.

Bigdeere

Reaction score
Well i have update, sorry it took me so long. Installed the tune on friday and went to current rive the next day which is about a 300mi round trip from where i live. First off, I absolutely LOVE the way this tune shifts, it is a lower rpm and i much prefer that over higher rpm shifts.

Since I have never really tracked my fuel economy seriously I cant offer much insight here, but on my dummy gages i saw about a .5 mpg increase. Ill report back after i log some more miles, as having the cruise control on while driving through the ozarks probably killed my mileage (that was while the fathre in law was driving).

The power came on smooth and through the entire power band, unlike some that are like "all or none". The tune didnt smoke at all until i floored it from a dead stop and it hazed a bit until the turbo lit. All in all i love this tune, and its perfect for me as a DD. No, your not going to break any land speed records but thats not what i was going after.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
I just got an updated tune from Matt for my powermax and i have to say he's spot on with his tunes. It's so fun to drive, shifts are firm, and there is gobs of power when i need it!:bowfast:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Aahhhh. I havn't tried any KEM tunes yet, but have heard a lot of good from guys runnin' there tunes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
my KEM tune is okay, its just slow, then again im used to driving race tunes. I would like to have Mike send me a race file but I really dont want to spend the money when i love my tunes I have

patrickke

Reaction score
call Mike

my KEM tune is okay, its just slow, then again im used to driving race tunes. I would like to have Mike send me a race file but I really dont want to spend the money when i love my tunes I have

Just give him a call and see if he can update your dd tune

Bigdeere

Reaction score
Ya it was a DD tune, the file said street. Im not sure as to that particulars like horsepower increases and that stuff. Does anyone know what his street tune usually adds?

Latest posts

Members online