TUNES...

COCHRAN

Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death but I'm trying to make the decision on who. All I have researched seems like a little old info. A local shop can get me tunes from Swamps and Gearhead. I'm seeking advice from others who have ran BOTH! I've also heard nothing but good from No Limit, PHP, and now Power-struck. Truck is basically a stock DD that I just want to wake up a little. Trans tuning is my main concern. I don't abuse the truck but I'm still young and like to press down on the skinny pedal. Any advice or input will be appreciated! Thanks.

David N

Reaction score
A good friend of mine has tunes from just about every tuner out there. His gear head tunes pull the hardest and run the best.

David N

Reaction score
Do it! That's what he does. He has tunes from 6 or 7 tuners. Do that and make your own conclusions.

COCHRAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. All the threads I found were a few years old. Eventually I want a 500 hp 7.3 but college takes money so itll be around 350-360 hp for a few more years. Just doing a little as I go.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
I had gearhead tunes and the thing I most noticed over a stock ts chip was that with Matt's tunes it uses your whole gas peddle and pulls strong the whole way

mustube

Reaction score
Get a hydra, it comes with plenty of good php tuning to try out. If then you don't like it, or want to try something then get some gearhead tunes.

4duggan

Reaction score
I have NLTD in my stock DD f-450 dump and like them a lot .

Have Swamps in my 350 and they are also top shelf.

Looking for a known good used ts chip to send to Gearhead to experience his
work.

When the 350 finds the funding to be properly turbo'd and live tuned the choice will be difficult to say the least.

I don't think there is a Tuner on this site that's not gonna make you Grin . Keep your eye open for a extra chip and start shopping .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARS267

Reaction score
I swapped my truck over to a pmt computer saturday and reburned my chip with some of Jonathan's latest stuff just to try it out and I can honestly say they are perfect right out of the box.

I'm sure there's some power to be had by live tuning but as far as drive-ability and shifting goes these are the best I've had since I got my first tunes back in '09

Southmike

Reaction score
I swapped my truck over to a pmt computer saturday and reburned my chip with some of Jonathan's latest stuff just to try it out and I can honestly say they are perfect right out of the box.

I'm sure there's some power to be had by live tuning but as far as drive-ability and shifting goes these are the best I've had since I got my first tunes back in '09

nice..
yes the ww2 will drop right in no changes needed. as will a slightly modded hpop.
I am sure they can tweak it some more if they knew it was there but I would not go out and do a full reburn.

thuglike

Reaction score
Anyone that tries our tunes and does not like them..they are free.

If you get live tuned and don't think it's the best 2-3 hours you ever spent in your rig....it's free!!!

mattman347

Reaction score
Gearhead gets my vote! hands down the smoothest most reliable tunes I have ever ran, and I have ran a lot of others. I love the way both my trucks run on the street and my 97 runs .4 faster in the 1/8th with gearhead. The hydra is a great product that allows you to use several tuners if you want and use what works for you and your driving style.

davejr

Reaction score
I just purchased a hydra from Diesel Power Prod.'s for $550 with gearhead tuning and free shipping.I think it was a good deal as I have spent alot of hours on the computer for 2 weeks now trying to decide what way to tune for my new injectors.Larz from Gearhead has been really good answering ALOT of my ?S.:thumbup:

RPM TIM

Reaction score
I just purchased a hydra from Diesel Power Prod.'s for $550 with gearhead tuning and free shipping.I think it was a good deal as I have spent alot of hours on the computer for 2 weeks now trying to decide what way to tune for my new injectors.Larz from Gearhead has been really good answering ALOT of my ?S.:thumbup:

Do you still have the ability to download additional tunes from the PHP server ,in that price I wonder?

Latest posts

Members online