Tuning options

dbunyip

Reaction score
Who are the tuning options that can do a decent tune through the mail and also do live tuning? I would prefer one that can use a ts chip as I already have one and the closer to cali the better for me. My current setup is not working for me

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Gearhead, swamps, or beans are the 3 I would use to get it down through the mail. Matt at gearhead has nailed every setup I have had on the first try.

DocBar

Reaction score
2nd Matt@gearhead. Where are you located? That would probably narrow down who you want to live tune your truck.

rustbucket

Reaction score
Beans has my vote, Dont know any shop that can live tune on the west coast. Tony at total diesel and matt at gearhead are the closest of the three. There out of texas if you feel like taking a road trip

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
you may want to consider buying a TS chip and a burner, and that will open up a whole new world of opportunity. you would be able to purchase the tunes and swap them in and out on your own from any or all of the tuners!

chris1978

Reaction score
Are you still running the 250/200's?

If you want to try emailing tunes you might want to sell your TS and buy a PHP Hydra. Not too many tuners will email files anymore. With the Hydra they can encrypt them to the serial number on your chip. You can also run multiple companies files all on one chip.

If you want to keep your TS send it to Swamps or Gearhead. They have files for those that worked right out of the box on my my truck.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Im not stuck on using anyones tuning or hardware I just want it done right and not give me the run around on getting it there. I'm $1500ish into trying to get my truck tuned and have got nowhere between 2 chips and all the other stuff they have told me was bad on my truck that wasn't. While im being picky I would also like a shop that answers the phone at least 50% of the time and/or doesn't take 2 days to respond to an email and then doesn't answer the question I had.

Im in California and im not afraid of a drive but I need something that works good enough to get it there.

Was more looking for all the options so I could talk to them myself first before I throw more money away

Yes, truck still has 250/200s

rustbucket

Reaction score
Everyone has there own prefence on how they want their truck to run, so we all have our opinions on the best tuner, most of guys with a performance powerstroke are using Matt, Tony, Jonathan or Jody for box tunes. All are excellent tuners but they tune a little different. So give them a call all the guys listed will work with you to get you where you want to be.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
with 250/200s, I would use php. Bill has a TON of live tuning time with those injectors. Like I said tho, matt has dialed every setup I have had, never even thought of having him adjust anything becuase it's already the exact way I want it.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Whose injectors are they? Jon at Swamp's also has a huge tuning selection for a 200% nozzel. I believe he runs them in his personal truck, and Dave runs them in his Excursion.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Takes a while to get custom tunes I guess, at least for me. Ordered mine on the 12th. thats from PHP.

JD3020

Reaction score
you may want to consider buying a TS chip and a burner, and that will open up a whole new world of opportunity. you would be able to purchase the tunes and swap them in and out on your own from any or all of the tuners!

A lot of tuners won't e-mail tunes, you have to send them your chip to get re-burns.

Arisley

Reaction score
I got a second chip. I Give a chip to Tony and tell him what I want. While waiting on it, I still have a chip with tunes.

DocBar

Reaction score
I got a second chip. I Give a chip to Tony and tell him what I want. While waiting on it, I still have a chip with tunes.
This is probably the best way to go. I have to get a new one since one of mine crapped out two weekends ago. :doh:

Latest posts

Members online