Tuning question

Noonman350

Reaction score
Alright I think I can fab it all up... My main question now from looking at the turbo is this... Where do I get the oil supply from? Do I get it from the old pedestal or like the HPx crossover?

Reaction score
My first thought was if you have to ask maybe better not try it. But then I remember we all have to start somewhere.

I have been reseaching turbo mounts a lot lately.

So to answer you question go take a look at Irate Diesel, Carson Stauffer, Turbonetics, and Hypermax turbo mount kits. Use Google image to findem.
Take a look at how they are done, it will answer a lot of questions.

It is just fab and machine work after all. Need a heavy plate to bolt in the valley, machine it flat, cut o ring grooves, then the exh wye, T4 flange and up pipes, drain tube and oil inlet, your done.

Got a mock up motor?

907DAVE

Reaction score
It is just fab and machine work after all. Need a heavy plate to bolt in the valley, machine it flat, cut o ring grooves, then the exh wye, T4 flange and up pipes, drain tube and oil inlet, your done.

Got a mock up motor?

No o-ring grooves needed, those are in the block already.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Alright I think I can fab it all up... My main question now from looking at the turbo is this... Where do I get the oil supply from? Do I get it from the old pedestal or like the HPx crossover?

From the HIGH pressure cross over...

That would be bad, and end your turbos life very quickly.

I've built two kits. Its not hard, not easy.

TARM

Reaction score
I can only imagine the oil spray/explosion you would get out of all the turbo seals the second you started that thing up, hooked up to the HPOP rails LOL That would be something to video. Nope only LPO engine only

There is the stock location but a number of kits plug that and go with the one right in the middle of the valley.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I can only imagine the oil spray/explosion you would get out of all the turbo seals the second you started that thing up, hooked up to the HPOP rails LOL That would be something to video. Nope only LPO engine only

There is the stock location but a number of kits plug that and go with the one right in the middle of the valley.

It was only a question... I appreciate the mockery. Apologies for not being a diesel mechanic. Just a guy who doesn't want to pay for something if he could try and build it himself.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
It was only a question... I appreciate the mockery. Apologies for not being a diesel mechanic. Just a guy who doesn't want to pay for something if he could try and build it himself.

It was very light hearted buddy. I dont think myself or Tarm (one of the most respectable people on here) meant any harm.

I have a TON of pictures of my build, used to have them on webshots so it was easy to link.

If your interested in any of them shoot me an email, [email protected] and I will send some over.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I apologize... I've had a rough day today. With my truck. Lol.

LOL... I feel ya.

I've got a rear u joint going out again, but working nights does not lend itself well to replacing it, so pussy footing it everywhere hoping it doesnt blow itself out.

TARM

Reaction score
Yeh guy it was just some fun poking. Its SOP on this forum to give jabs especially when something like that is said. LOL Trust me I have been all kinds of stupid over the years. LOL You got nothing on me. But once you build this pedestal you will be one up on me. I have never bothered to build one myself. But I think if you take your time and do some careful mockups it will turn out OK. You make bugger it up here ot there and have to redo it but thats all part of learning IMO.

Just remember to check for the clearance and fitting of the downpipe as well as cowl and intake tubing. I had one kit the angle was just slightly off and I had to dent the downpipe a small bit as it touched to lower corner of the head. Just little things like that is all I can offer you up.

I can say whats nice about the all in one pedestal that includes the pick and return is its all nice and compact a nd in one place. The down side is if it leaks you have to pull the turbo etc almost all the time. If you do the valley port drain you can get to it real easy and its not such a short piece of tube to manipulate. Be sure to put bellows on the uppipes so they do not wear loose and leak. If you have plans for waste gate maybe work that into your uppipes now and get it all fitted at the same time. There are a number of guys on here that have done there own that can offer way better advice than me. Do some searches and look for those that built there own and maybe PM them.

Last edited:

Noonman350

Reaction score
LOL... I feel ya.

I've got a rear u joint going out again, but working nights does not lend itself well to replacing it, so pussy footing it everywhere hoping it doesnt blow itself out.

Yeah... My whole steering column is shot. My key refuses to come out and it's stuck in the on position. Only way to shut it off is to stick it in 4th and kill it. And it's one problem after another. Ohh well lol. I'll defiantly shoot you an email tho...

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Maybe this will help.
2012-09-07_17-30-33_897.jpg

2012-01-02_18-31-44_399.jpg

2012-01-03_20-35-47_69.jpg

2012-01-02_21-46-47_312.jpg

2012-01-01_20-05-26_666.jpg

2000wa250

Reaction score
Thought Jake fixed the height of his mounts for the 467 to clear the ccv... smh

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
935516_156072591234484_770075175_n.jpg

941405_156072804567796_754070052_n.jpg

577531_156072171234526_1624767598_n.jpg

923262_156072347901175_1774067404_n.jpg

Why are his turbo kits so fricking high? I dont understand that... Mine sits just off of the pedistal, and I have no issues running my intake pipe.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Also gotta remember that the 467 is a 5.5" intake.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online