Tuning question

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I still dont get why it has to be so high... Move it over a bit and give yourself some room.

Guess I just need to get one and build a kit... If it is a short scroll, you could clock it to the factory down pipe location as well.

Black 02

Reaction score
I have one of Jake's mounts and I don't have a problem with the CCV or the intake. I also run a 5" intake pipe, not 4".

His mount works fine.

The S467/468 has the large race cover. Also, it's not a 38R. It's an S400 class turbo.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Then I guess he has changed it....would be nice if when made those changes he let the first person with that turbo and his mount know and/or gave him the option to change to the new mount for the difference in cost. Seems like poor customer service to me....

As for how I know or why I believe I was the first to run it with his kit? Well me order was delayed a month + because he didn't know it was going to need custom plenums to fit and he had to out source some of the machine work.... that being said, good customer service would advise of a new mount/intake set up. Great customer service would offer an exchange. Piss poor customer service would not say anything, even when asked about issues directly, and then would say on a forum 2+ months later that the mount and intake set up changed 6 months ago or so after the figment issues were discussed.

Then again, what would I know about any of that...:confused:

Really too bad too because I had an afe stage 2 and would have loved if I could have remotely fit 5" intake pipe, especially without having to swap valve covers....

Yea that sure would have been nice....
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Then I guess he has changed it....would be nice if when made those changes he let the first person with that turbo and his mount know and/or gave him the option to change to the new mount for the difference in cost. Seems like poor customer service to me....

As for how I know or why I believe I was the first to run it with his kit? Well me order was delayed a month + because he didn't know it was going to need custom plenums to fit and he had to out source some of the machine work.... that being said, good customer service would advise of a new mount/intake set up. Great customer service would offer an exchange. Piss poor customer service would not say anything, even when asked about issues directly, and then would say on a forum 2+ months later that the mount and intake set up changed 6 months ago or so after the figment issues were discussed.

Really too bad too because I had an afe stage 2 and would have loved if I could have remotely fit 5" intake pipe, especially without having to swap valve covers....

I've thought about deleting the dog house from time to time and just running a vent pipe up and down to the frame. Clean up that dumb leak prone thing. Weld up the front hole and then weld a fitting in the back one.

Might work on that with one of my spare valve covers...

Black 02

Reaction score

I can understand your frustration, but it seems like that is something you could have taken up with him directly. I actually had a problem with the hot air intercooler pipe not fitting. Was frustrating, but Jake was willing to make it right. I just cut the pipe and rewelded it to make it right. I didn't have the time to ship it or take it to his shop.

Jake always seems to be helpful in my dealings with him. Did you actually call him and ask about swapping the mount? I mean, yes, yours was different, but it also is installed and working now. I'm sure you weren't the only person to buy his "1st gen mount". Not trying to argue with you or defend Jake, but, running a business and keeping every customer happy can be tough.

Also, the 5" intake didn't fit perfect in the AFE housing, but with some finess and a cutoff wheel, I made it happen. Looks clean now. Jake only supplied a 4" intake pipe. I had to do my own research and get 5" pipe, elbows, and clamps to make it happen. Having that big intake pipe can't hurt. S468 sure seems to like it. LOL

Joe might be onto something with welding up the valve cover. I hate that stupid leaky valvecover doghouse. Not an oil leak on my truck (before hole in the block from PMR) except for that CCV. I changed th orings several times in it as well.

Last edited:

2000wa250

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I attempted to take it up with him multiple times. The answer I got was you are driving a performance truck, you can't expect things to fit without any modification. That, and then I got the, well I can't be responsible for what happens or the fitment of a mount that is not intended to be a stock mount.

Looks like he's fixed some of the major issues, but like I said, I am 95% sure I was the first to run his mount with this turbo because he didn't know that it was going to need custom plenums. That oversight caused a month plus delay in the shipping out of my mount and turbo. I'm not saying he should have given me a new mount once he made changes, but a heads up that he changed some things for it to fit better would have been customer service 101.

Latest posts

Members online