tuning question

zilla68

Reaction score
I was told by ******** that if I could get my max fuel demand (or desired I forget now) that that and icp at idle and full throttle would help dial in my tuning.

I have a nice snap on scanner that from what I can tell won't tell me that.

What do I need to be able to find out the Max fuel question??

thanks

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Mass fuel desired? AE, DashDaq and IDS are the scanners that can show mass fuel desired.

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Mass fuel desired? AE, DashDaq and IDS are the scanners that can show mass fuel desired.

This is what I am thinking he meant as well.

Mass Fuel Desired, ICP, Injector Pulse Width, and hundreds of other PID's can be seen with our Infinity (same unit as DashDAQ and nDash).

Check it out here... http://www.dp-tuner.com/gauges/infinity-touchscreen/infinity-touchscreen-gauges.html

Also, it goes on sale starting Sunday November 1st. The sale will run through December 31st. So that would be a good time to order. $75 off the normal price.

zilla68

Reaction score
that's probably what he said, I just didn't hear him correctly.

I already bought the other set up from ts performance, so its too late to buy yours Justin, or I seriously would, I bought the ts back when it first came out, I don't think yours was available then, or I missed your option.

thanks

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Most diagnostic scanners will provide Mass Fuel Desired (MFD), Injection Control Pressure (ICP), Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) Duty Cycle, and Injection Pulsewidth (Inj PW). These, combined with Accelerator Pedal (APP) and RPM, can help to provide a really clear picture of what's going on with your injection. Unfortunately, without specific diagnostic equipment, you cannot read Start of Injection (SOI) as Ford does not provide a PID for that parameter.

With all that said, monitoring ICP and PW will help indicate the amount of fuel being injected and whether or not your ICP is falling off at mid/upper RPMs. Loss of ICP as RPMs climb can result in poor atomization, slightly retarded combustion events, loss of performance, and smokey exhaust. Abnormally low ICP is quite often the result of a HPOP that just isn't keeping up or is not adequately sized for modified injectors. It can also be caused by High Pressure Oil Rail bleed-off resulting from a combination of excessive Injection PW and weak injector solenoids failing to adequately hold the injector poppet as pulsewidths increase. In the former case, a new HPOP will help alleviate oil issues. In the latter case, a modest reduction in maximum injection pulsewidth can often restore ICP stability and improve mid/upper RPM performance.

Anyway, those are the parameters we commonly ask for when diagnosing drivability issues with trucks, and I'm sure that most other tuners are going to ask for the same information.

I hope this is helpful.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
that's probably what he said, I just didn't hear him correctly.

I already bought the other set up from ts performance, so its too late to buy yours Justin, or I seriously would, I bought the ts back when it first came out, I don't think yours was available then, or I missed your option.

thanks

No problem.

The Infinity has been out for a few years now, but many were unaware we even carried something like this until fairly recently.

Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.